Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is this for....

DrJuanKerr

DrJuanKerr

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Due to a rushed delivery at VW [I was in a major hurry], the salesman wasn't able to fully talk me through the Cali and its full functionality.
Most I can glean from the manual but, under the bed, this was in a packet.
Could someone tell me it's function please?
Also, how is the safety net fitted into the pop up roof please?
ThanksStrapThing.jpg

Due to a rushed delivery at VW [I was in a major hurry], the salesman wasn't able to fully talk me through the Cali and its full functionality.
Most I can glean from the manual but, under the bed, this was in a packet.
Could someone tell me it's function please?
Also, how is the safety net fitted into the pop up roof please?
ThanksView attachment 38859
It is the Roof Tie Down Kit. All explained in the California Supplement Manual. Well it is in mine. Safety Net also explained.

It’s the tie down kit to be used in the event of elevation roof hydraulic failure. Instructions for use are in the manual.

Can’t help you with the safety net sorry, never had need of it.

:welcome

Last edited:
Is it worth mentioning the black rubbers that will be found rolling around the cabin?

Awesome! The video was particularly helpful. Thanks :)

That's interesting, must have a look for that...

Is it worth mentioning the black rubbers that will be found rolling around the cabin?

Hmm
I found these recently. They are in landfill somewhere.
Hoping they’re not really needed :rolleyes:

It wouldn't have been that difficult for VW to put a label on the package in three or four languages explaining what it is. Even reading the manual cover to cover, it is not that clear that this is what is being referred to when describing the process of tying down the roof. It might stop people throwing it out...

Is there a post about this somewhere - I tried searching "black rubbers" and "grommet" but couldn't find anything. I found two little black rubber things under our sliding seat, but couldn't work out where they came from, so have saved in the glovebox just in case What are they?

Thank you Sad.
I thought that’s where they were from. But decided I don’t really need them.
A California isn’t a California without the odd rattle
They are not there to stop any rattle but to prevent the rear seat belts jamming between the rear frame and the bench seat. Easily replaced permanently with a spot of Superglue.

Back