Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is this key ?

• Thread starter Travelling Togs
  • Start date
Travelling Togs

Travelling Togs

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I have a set of three keys, one usual remote / starter key, a key to open the water cover, and then the third key at the top, which I think must have come with the Cali as its on the same keyring but I couldn't be sure :).

Any help / suggestions appreciated. Thanks, John.
vw keys.jpg

Bike rack?

I have a safe key but that is silver and made out of something a little thinner than a baked beans can.

Bike rack?

I have a safe key but that is silver and made out of something a little thinner than a baked beans can.

No bike rack or safe, Jen. Thanks for your suggestions. Our Cali leaves us on Monday and I'm trying to make sure I give all the relevant keys with it. This one is giving me a headache wondering what it's for.... and if it is anything to do with the Cali haha

No bike rack or safe, Jen. Thanks for your suggestions. Our Cali leaves us on Monday and I'm trying to make sure I give all the relevant keys with it. This one is giving me a headache wondering what it's for.... and if it is anything to do with the Cali haha

You will probably say goodbye to the van on Monday, then a few weeks later go to a cupboard or garage you rarely use and think "now, where did I leave the key?" :D

Are you buying a new Cali ?

You will probably say goodbye to the van on Monday, then a few weeks later go to a cupboard or garage you rarely use and think "now, where did I leave the key?" :D

Haha yes, if I don't find out what the key is for it will be staying with me ;)

Wheel clamp?
Stoplock?
Security gate post key?

No idea what the key is, sorry.

More importantly what are you travelling in instead, or are you dropping your channel too?

No idea what the key is, sorry.

More importantly what are you travelling in instead, or are you dropping your channel too?

We are reverting to normal life in cars :) doing much more overseas travel for the foreseeable future. Our channel will still be there but we won't be making and further videos in the medium term, concentrating and spending more time on our photography as we did before we started the channel. Making the vids was taking up so much of our time and our photography time was suffering I'm afraid.

That does look like a security device lock, or suchlike, key.
Did you have the van from new?

I had a Nissan X-Trail with a Westfalia towhook. this is the exact key.
Not according to Westfalia, as far as I can see. All their removable towbars use the same “ Red Key “ as shown by @westfalia .

Looks like a security device key. Perhaps a steering wheel lock?

Not according to Westfalia, as far as I can see. All their removable towbars use the same “ Red Key “ as shown by @westfalia .

Correct. As I said

'a Westfalia towhook. This is the exact key'

It's a Westfalia removable towhook key. I'm not sure what you read.

We are reverting to normal life in cars :) doing much more overseas travel for the foreseeable future. Our channel will still be there but we won't be making and further videos in the medium term, concentrating and spending more time on our photography as we did before we started the channel. Making the vids was taking up so much of our time and our photography time was suffering I'm afraid.
Sorry to hear that news but understand the reasons and wish you success in the future :thumb

Thanks so much for all your replies and suggestions, it is a mystery to us what this key unlocks. We will keep the key as, after scratching our heads for answers, we can't fathom that it can be anything to do with the Cali.

I have a set of three keys, one usual remote / starter key, a key to open the water cover, and then the third key at the top, which I think must have come with the Cali as its on the same keyring but I couldn't be sure :).

Any help / suggestions appreciated. Thanks, John.
View attachment 41863
It’s similar to the key for the steering lock I have recently bought.