Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is this light ?

P

Paul Roe

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
can anyone tell me what this light is in the boot (see attached pic, I have drawn a red circle around the light) I assume it is a light as it never comes on !714.jpg

thanks for the info I will check the bulb, is there a switch on the tailgate that operates it ??

I think so yes when I fill the water tank I have that light on as I can then look through the filler hole and see the float rising and the water level.

Courtesy light. On mine it lights when rear door is open. I can't spot the switch though!

Just been to check the light on our T6 ,it comes on automatically when the boot is open. Can find no switch .
The lights on the tailgate door are operated by the dimmer switch on the pillar in the boot .

i wonder if it has blown as we got this T6 last week and it had been in the show room for a few weeks for customers to look at so the tail gate would have been going up and down about 20 times a day.
£800 road tax due to being over £40k but the garage had pre-registered it so we only had to pay £450 as we are classed as second owners !

i wonder if it has blown as we got this T6 last week and it had been in the show room for a few weeks for customers to look at so the tail gate would have been going up and down about 20 times a day.
£800 road tax due to being over £40k but the garage had pre-registered it so we only had to pay £450 as we are classed as second owners !
Taken the bulb out of mine as I never use it as it's covered by all the kit in the back and on a T6 we have switchable light. I am though a bit paranoid about preserving power with courtesy lights set to off as well.

Mike

It's my "disco" light :shocked

Ever since I had it "mended" under warranty it flashes on and off every time the tailgate is open .....

Mine flashes too, was going to check the switch and connections etc. but maybe just leave to its own devices.

I have just taken the bulb out of mine to help avoiding battery problems. Does anyone know if there is an led alternative which would be much smaller battery drain I presume?

Well on mine, the boot light goes off automatically after 10 minutes.

some boot lights have a switch in the tailgate operated by a steel ball bearing that rolls down to the contactor when opened. try giving the tailgate a bang when it's up

I know it’s been a long time since someone posted on here, but thought this might help....
I often have the boot open when camping and I’ve been worried about the boot light being on all the time...well, even after the ten minute theory it still didn’t go off, but I had the radio on in cab (30 mins) and so when the radio went off, so did the light, which leads me to believe it’s connected to the engine battery, and quashes theory’s that everything behind drivers seat is powered from the leisure batts.
Just thought I’d share that.

I know it’s been a long time since someone posted on here, but thought this might help....
I often have the boot open when camping and I’ve been worried about the boot light being on all the time...well, even after the ten minute theory it still didn’t go off, but I had the radio on in cab (30 mins) and so when the radio went off, so did the light, which leads me to believe it’s connected to the engine battery, and quashes theory’s that everything behind drivers seat is powered from the leisure batts.
That is because it is standard on some vans apparently.

Mine seems to be a bit moody as well! Sometimes it goes off after 10 mins sometimes it doesn't.

Thats why i took the bulb out long time ago , you don't need light under the metal shelf ....at least i don't :D

This light uses a standard tungsten filament festoon bulb.

Replaced mine with a LED festoon bulb which uses less power but more importantly is much brighter.

Yes, I have that... Don't think it has a swicthto turn on and off... It on and off when the rearb door is open or close