Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is this sign?

szczota81

szczota81

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi Guys
I am in the process of mounting an Alpine amplifier. Unfortunately I encountered a small problem with the power supply.
When you start the engine I have new symbol on Campre Control Unit (Batery status). It looks like below.

Does anyone know what it means? I am talking about >>20.0A
Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 16.31.22.png

It means that there is more than 20A going into the leisure batteries (display can only show up to 20A)

what loz says. but why does the > and the number 2 look like its drawn on extra ? somethings amiss with that photo.

I expected such an answer.
This is now to the point. I installed a new Alpine amplifier connected to leisure batteries.
The current only increases so much when the amplifier is connected, I have never seen this symbol before.
What's more, the amplifier switches off when the motor starts and goes into an emergency state. The reasons for going into an emergency state according to the instructions are as follows.
I have no idea why this is happening.
Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 17.12.08.png

i see. when you fire up the engine you should also get the G symbol. i have seen >>20A on my display when driving so it isn't unusual.
looks like the Amplifier is detecting the high charge current or voltage and shutting down. it may need connecting somewhere with a more stable supply.

Have you checked the Display Voltage/current reading with the Amplifier OFF.?

Looks like a big power draw by the Amp. or it doesn't like it when engine charge goes up to 14V or more.

But the engine bartery also goes up to 14V. Or I am wrong?.
This AMP is design to work with car system.
aa one more point - everything is OK when one leisure batery is connected. Problem starts when I attach rear baterry.

i see. when you fire up the engine you should also get the G symbol. i have seen >>20A on my display when driving so it isn't unusual.
looks like the Amplifier is detecting the high charge current or voltage and shutting down. it may need connecting somewhere with a more stable supply.
What and where you have more stable supply in the car?

Why the need to connect the rear battery back on?

Always good to back to basics.

Amplifier switched off or disconnected.
Rear battery disconnected, check voltage at both batteries. Should be the same.
Batteries both connected.
Check Display with engine Off then start and recheck.

Engine Off.
Amplifier On or reconnected.
Recheck Display.
Start engine.
If Amp still cuts out check voltage at Amp. supply point.

Additional thought > what happens if external power is connected?

I did all this points. Amplifier is shutting off only during engine ignition. There has to be some peak. But my multimieter is to slow to catch this peak :(

One question. Can I start engine while I am plug in to external power?

I did all this points. Amplifier is shutting off only during engine ignition. There has to be some peak. But my multimieter is to slow to catch this peak :(

One question. Can I start engine while I am plug in to external power?
Yes, just sounds alarm to remind you not to drive off.

Back