Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

what is this

The manual shows you how to use it if/when needed.

A guy on here made a blue movie about fitting the kit.

If you become a VIP Member, there is video in Resources you can view too.

When do you need to use these? When the pop up roof won't go down ? Is this applicable for a manual roof on a Coast?

When do you need to use these? When the pop up roof won't go down ? Is this applicable for a manual roof on a Coast?
you don't ever need them for a maual roof as the roof is locked by clasps when shut. the hydro roof is locked hydraulically. so if you lose oil or power it needs tying down

You could need to use them if you are unable to manually close one or other of the clasps used to lock the roof - Rare - but a possibility.

You could need to use them if you are unable to manually close one or other of the clasps used to lock the roof - Rare - but a possibility.
Thanks, I do wonder if this kit comes as standard with a Coast then.

Last edited:
And Failed.:thumb
Yes, we tried to give her accurate information and failed because you got some sort of perverse kick out of purposely misleading her. What is going on with you today? Cali roofs exactly the same height as panel vans? Ffs.

Yes, we tried to give her accurate information and failed because you got some sort of perverse kick out of purposely misleading her. What is going on with you today? Cali roofs exactly the same height as panel vans? Ffs.
Language Language.
You can't always get your own way.
As far as roof heights check out the VW Technical drawings / specifications.
As far as the roof latching it would seem similar systems have failed and Owners had to resort to ropes and straps so they could travel. The California system is easier to use.
I suggest you get back to banging your triangle or whatever you do, and watch your language.

Not a California, but it happens.

Not a California, but it happens.
Sorry Im not going to even watch that thanks all the same!!!!!

What's going on ? :help
I dont think we get one with the Coast as its manual but there is a long strap that is in the cutlery drawer which I am told is for strapping up the folding table to make larger work surface, although how that works Lord only knows so I may just use it in case the manual roof buckle breaks!

Sorry Im not going to even watch that thanks all the same!!!!!
It's rare, but if you can't properly secure any pop top, Hydraulic or manual then you have to do something to secure it so you can drive.

It's rare, but if you can't properly secure any pop top, Hydraulic or manual then you have to do something to secure it so you can drive.
Yes I just dont want to watch the video & dwell on the possiblity of this happening!
We dont get the strap with the manual roof Coast but had thought in case of emergency I could use the kitchen table strap!
Ive already had a friend who ripped off her whole pop top driving through a car park barrier when it was still up so already somewhat paranoid!! :)

Back