Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What items comes with new ocean mats, gas, awning?

B

Blackdog

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
hi all
Ordered new ocean this week but dealer was not sure whether certain items come as standard and brochure was not clear.
Questions are:
The normal awning rail is attached but does it also come with the insert to attach a pole and clamp from a driveaway tent?
Does the ocean come with front cab footwell mats? The brochure implied yes but dealer was vague?
Does a new ocean come with a new, full camping gas bottle supplied?
Thanks !!

The gas bottle is not supplied, but it comes with all the fittings ready for the 907 bottle to screw straight in.

Don't know about awning rails,

It comes with carpet at the front but no protective mats. Most, like me, have rubber monster mats on top but if you smile at the dealer he should throw a set in as part of a deal to sell a cali.

I think your dealer needs to do some Cali awarness if he is trying to sale them to the public.
Welcome :welcome You may want to check your order as I would not have confidence in the rest of your order given the dealers lack on knowledge. A good example was the seat upgrade than did not turn around when some people order early T6s.and got a shock.

Do you know how long your wait will be before you can enjoy the life style.

As Granny said, the front is carpeted, but extra mats are not included, so you dealer should be throwing them in as part of the deal.
From your question, I also assume your not having the pull out awning, in which case the option for the awning rail with tent adapter in black is standard, as detailed in the latest price list.
This tent adapter is for a Kadorstrip not pole and clamp though as they tend to be used where there is only a gutter.

Frankly, this shows a lack of knowledge from your dealer. It might be worth posting your spec up here so you can compare what you want with what the dealer's ordered!

Welcome to a huge pool of Cali knowledge. I'm still waiting for delivery but gleaning years of experience on here.

With regards to the Camping Gaz bottle. It can be much cheaper to buy an empty one, make sure it has the screw on top with carry handle, as you have to pay a large fee on the first purchase to 'rent' the bottle.

Like others curious as to your quoted delivery date.

The other essential that does not come with the package is a hook-up lead. You should have supplied with the van a continental 2 pin to three pin adaptor but not the lead that connects the van to the electricity supply point. Easily sourced from almost anywhere , the club shop has them.

Don't forget the folding kettle. Another essential :D

I guess this is a difficult time to order a Cali when the on-line Configurator is not working and your dealer seem rather ignorant. Check, check and double check your order has all the items you want. Agree with Meoncoast about front seats - be sure they are swivelling. I recall that any seat upgrade (including height adjustment) from Standard means you loose the swivel function. Barmy but true!

The journey has just begun! :welcome

Thanks everyone for feedback. Already have old campervan so have many of the essentials. Eg kettle. On swivel seats, yes I saw issue before configuration broke. I'm now clear on gas bottle and it does seem I need to buy the insert for pole attachment for awning. (Currently have reimo multirail on current van so no issue).
On carpets seems like I will go back and get them added....as I say the brochure is a bit unclear as in the beach standard spec it says beach comes with "carpet floor covering" in cab area and on the ocean standard spec it says in addition to beach there are "luxury cut pile floor mats" (whatever they are!)
Someone also asked delivery time.....we were told April 2017 but after reading many comments on this forum I sense uninformed optimism on our delivery quote!!!
We shall see

Sense that the internal review by VW with redundancies and product range there seems to be action on the order to delivery phase so keep your fingers crossed. My order went off schedule but then suddenly went back to original quoted build plus a week.
Give Rudolph an extra carrot and Santa another mince pie, they may have contacts within VW.

Back