Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What kind of parking heater do I have?

M

mwpmorris

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi,

I'm still getting used to my 2 year old Beach and this will no doubt be the first of many questions.... For the life of me I can't figure out what kind of parking heater I have. The build-to-order options on the VW site are confusing as is the contradictory information that I've read elsewhere.

I have a control panel above the rear-view mirror where I can turn a heater on when the ignition is off. I can set this to be on for a number of minutes (15-20-35-40 etc) and also set the heat power. I get heat out of the vents even when the engine is stone cold and can smell some exhaust fumes on the outside of the van, although not coming from the main engine exhaust. Going further into the settings on the panel (by holding down a button) I seem to be able to schedule heat by date / time although I haven't tried this.

So it looks like I have the fully-fledged parking heater - but without a remote control fob thing. I've struggled to find any mention of this particular spec anywhere online so it's making me question the type of heater that I actually have. Can anyone shed some light?

P

Pips Dad

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

I'm still getting used to my 2 year old Beach and this will no doubt be the first of many questions.... For the life of me I can't figure out what kind of parking heater I have. The build-to-order options on the VW site are confusing as is the contradictory information that I've read elsewhere.

I have a control panel above the rear-view mirror where I can turn a heater on when the ignition is off. I can set this to be on for a number of minutes (15-20-35-40 etc) and also set the heat power. I get heat out of the vents even when the engine is stone cold and can smell some exhaust fumes on the outside of the van, although not coming from the main engine exhaust. Going further into the settings on the panel (by holding down a button) I seem to be able to schedule heat by date / time although I haven't tried this.

So it looks like I have the fully-fledged parking heater - but without a remote control fob thing. I've struggled to find any mention of this particular spec anywhere online so it's making me question the type of heater that I actually have. Can anyone shed some light?
You appear to have the standard VW Eberspacher heater which uses your diesel fuel from your main tank to heat the interior. The heater is powered from the van leisure battery, as far as I’m aware. The remote fob came with my own van (2018 ocean) but think it may be an optional extra. I’m sure others will correct me !

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Staff member
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T5 Beach
There are several different diesel heaters fitted

Rich20

Rich20

Living the dream
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
It was an option to have the remote. Might be worth speaking to a VW dealership who will be able to tell you if it was originally speced. If it was you just need to track down the remote from the previous owner or order a new one and get it coded to your van. If it wasn’t originally speced then you just use it manually from the control panel.

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Same as my beach was and same controller. Same door stickers as ch1 above too. It controls the parking heater or air heater and does indeed run off the leisure battery. 1 battery in the beach under the passenger seat

IMG-20180624-WA0003.jpeg

M

mwpmorris

Vehicle
Just browsing
Thanks for the replies everyone - definitely clears things up. I think I'll investigate to see if I can get a remote for it. Should be handy for the school run in January!

liaoyang

liaoyang

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
That’s not the vw control panel and your heater is after market. Someone on here will confirm what make and whether a remote is an option.

M

mwpmorris

Vehicle
Just browsing
That’s not the vw control panel and your heater is after market. Someone on here will confirm what make and whether a remote is an option.
Are you sure? There is a description of it in the manual and it has a child-lock function so that the kids can’t mess with the Climatronic air-con in the back.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I'm afraid that isn't correct. That is the California Beach Control Panel.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I haven't got a sticker that specifies any kind of heater - Webasto or Eberspacher, just one for tyre pressures.
When you say you have no Stickers, have you checked the Drivers Door as well?

M

mwpmorris

Vehicle
Just browsing
I’m an idiot! Have looked many times on all the pillars for stickers and never noticed the sticker on the inside of my door!

N

NZCol

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
liaoyang , this is a factory fit Eberspacher in a Beach. May or may not have the remote module attached so worth a check with original dealer, or any VW dealer who can check on chassis number.

Our Partners