Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What Load Rating do I need for new 17" Alloys on my Cali T6.1

Richard Hurst

Richard Hurst

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi, I see the Gross weight is 3080 so do I divide that by 4 to get the load rating for each alloy?

Thats the tyre value isn't it? I want to know what Alloy I can use
Same for the Wheel.
Maximum Axle weight/2.

Front and rear axles may have different weights but you use the highest/2.

Steel wheels are 960kgs rated.
Don't go lower than 900kgs.
My 17"x7.5" Borbet ones are 1320kgs.

what width are you looking at?

Just ask for TUV certificate.

Be careful with suppliers quoting as load rated for T6/T6.1 as when checked the wheels may only have as little as 15kgs load rating more than 1/2 axle weight.

Safety margin needed to allow for impact of potholes, kerbs etc. Ideal I've seen quoted by Tech article is 25% more than 1/2 axle weight.

Steel wheels are 960kgs rated.
Don't go lower than 900kgs.
My 17"x7.5" Borbet ones are 1320kgs.

what width are you looking at?
I just want to replace the 17" standard alloys it will be coming with for some black or bronze ones.

I just want to replace the 17" standard alloys it will be coming with for some black or bronze ones.
Good range on the site below. Didn't see actual load rating figures, you'd have check pre purchase.

7.5" width is OK with standard 235 tyre width, also helps to fill the arch more than standard 7" rim.
Also squares the sidewall up slightly.
8" could be used but will have less rim protection from kerb scraping. When I searched 8" seemed to have lower load ratings.

Standard rim has offset of 55. I wouldn't go below 45 as this puts the front wheels out and close to the wing edge, especially if lowering.

Centre bore (CB) is 65.1mm, the hole in the middle. Anything bigger needs a spigot ring.

Some wheels use the original bolts, my Borbet CH ones did.

Good luck.