Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What Variant is the pre facelift California

keredewor

keredewor

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have a 2008 (08) California 4 Motion (pre Facelift) is it a T30 or T32 Variant, can anybody please confirm

Thanks

Pretty certain all generations are all T30s - two and four wheel drive. Not least because if you look at the payload in the manual it's less for the 4 motion roughly in line with the increased weight of the 4x4 transmission

The California is based on a Caravelle which is a T30.

cheers

I suspect the info from SMG is now out of date, there are now T32 California about.

My 4 Motion is a T32 according to the MD (JCT 600 York) its build sheet and it s VIN...........my original posting is now clarified

Easy way to check is to look at the front suspension strut. T32 is bolted to hub by means of 2 bolts. T30 is held by a single bolt clamp system.
Chassis/VIN plate will show the weight.

Easy way to check is to look at the front suspension strut. T32 is bolted to hub by means of 2 bolts. T30 is held by a single bolt clamp system.
Chassis/VIN plate will show the weight.
Very helpful post for those that were not aware.

My 4 Motion is a T32 according to the MD (JCT 600 York) its build sheet and it s VIN...........my original posting is now clarified
Thats good to hear you bought a reg plate suitable for your T32. I believe there will be other T32 about as the option has been available for a few years.

Cali's can be T30 or T32, as on any VW Panel van ; T32 was optional extra to allow greater payload, so had uprated chassis, suspension & brakes; T32 good on a 4 motion as the base vehicle heavier than 2wd especially when combined with 4 adults, camping gear & full water/gas tanks.

Thats good to hear you bought a reg plate suitable for your T32. I believe there will be other T32 about as the option has been available for a few years.
Cheers, good to see that you know your stuff, reg T32 CAL now sold