Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What would you spec on your first California Ocean (T6.1)?

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We are thinking of buying our first VW California Ocean. Had a test drive and my wife and I were very impressed. Not in a rush to get one but next summer would be great, realise there is a long waiting list when ordering to your specification (3-6 months). Just wondered what people would suggest for the optional extras, which sounds like there are a lot of, I know the final spec for the T6.1 has not be released yet. We have an Eriba Troll 500GT we will be towing and bikes, so tow bar, bike rack are first on the list, we also like the look of 2x tone paintwork. Any suggestions/advice on a spec would really help, didn't realise there would be so much choice, (engine size, transmission, headlights, media system, fuel tank, parking sensors the list goes on) all a bit confusing for us at the moment!

Thanks for any advice, I'm sure we will have more questions.

My wife calls it the dolls house! It’s all down to preference and how far your wallet will allow. The search function in here will help you out.
Say you fancy knowing about the LED headlights...type LED headlights and read away.
The lists are endless - 99.9% of things are covered in here so by the time you buy you will be an expert. :thumb

What ever option you consider, the best thing to do is to ask yourself, will I use it?

Most of the Cali options are expensive some very expensive. So read about the particular option you are considering on this forum and then do a cost/benefit analysis before you finalise your spec. But above all be honest with yourself. Start with what you consider are your must haves and then go on the nice to haves.

Good luck.

I would say reversing camera and ACC would be on your list if you are towing.

You have already specified 2 x Options.
1. Factory Fitted Towbar. The vehicle will then adjust automatically to compensate for anything connected to the Towbar , your caravan for example. There are members who tow Eribas on the Forum.
2. Tailgate bike carrier. How many bikes and WILL it interfere with the Caravan when towing?

You have already specified 2 x Options.
1. Factory Fitted Towbar. The vehicle will then adjust automatically to compensate for anything connected to the Towbar , your caravan for example. There are members who tow Eribas on the Forum.
2. Tailgate bike carrier. How many bikes and WILL it interfere with the Caravan when towing?
Thanks, just asked someone on the forum about having a bike rack and towing a caravan ie. sharp tight turns!

Back