Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's the most precious thing in your Cali?

2into1

2into1

Née T4WFA. Now running 2006 LHD T5 SE 130 Manual
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
I've just been adding a few more destinations to my 15 (?) year old large scale Philips road atlas and realise its about the most precious thing in my Cali. It's full of handwritten notes of places I've been and places I've been tipped off to visit. It's frankly knackered and dog-eared, but I'd hate to have to replace it. It's therefore full of memories and dreams. It lives folded in half in the large pocket of my brandrup seat pocket (just ahead of the kitchen).
What's your most precious thing in your Cali?
IMG_20190907_212528.jpgIMG_20190907_212101.jpg

The bacon and eggs in the fridge...

My passengers, everything else are just things.
I probably made an error with the word ‘precious’ but had considered ‘valuable’ but that didn’t work. The intention wasn’t to compete with the Cali dogs thread or suggest my tattered map is more important to me than my daughter - you get the idea.

I probably made an error with the word ‘precious’ but had considered ‘valuable’ but that didn’t work. The intention wasn’t to compete with the Cali dogs thread or suggest my tattered map is more important to me than my daughter - you get the idea.
Ah well in that case it would have to be a thing then. Looking at it from that perspective I suppose it would have to be the woolen blanket that my wife hand knitted. Everything else could be replaced.

A book of crosswords. Oh - and a tiny DAB battery radio with speakers in a headband. You can listen to the radio at night without worrying about running the van batteries down. And the headband cuts out other sources of noise and light (if you pull it down over your eyes!). What a nerd!

Tough one.
The engine/gearbox?
Making it possible to explore the world?
Even if the top roof doesn't work, you still can sleep downstairs? But without the engine/gearbox, I would just be sleeping in front of my house?

My silver St Christopher just sits in the front ducket and gives protection to travellers Well that’s the theory xx

Back