Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's this found under drivers seat when turned at campsite ?

Mandy I would hang on to it as I think it has come from your vehicle , the dealer I bought my cal from said to me when they are delivered they come in transporter mode and nothing works until its PDI and reset it looks to me it has an IME number referring to a cell phone chip module that has been removed and this is the cover over the model plugged into the management socket just ask the garage

I think it's the build transponder that has been left in there by accident. Used to track the vehicle through the build and delivery.

Recently in the garage for the
"the product enhancement, it consisted of a software update to both the gearbox and engine software as well as the replacement of apressure sensor in the turbo system and a replacement fuel supply hose. There is also a check to ensure the correct fuse is fitted to the secondary battery system. "(Hirsty).

Could the garage have left this behind ?:)

Last edited:
If it's a build tracker you should plug it in! Imagine the confusion at the factory when they think one of their campers has escaped off the production line

I think it's the build transponder that has been left in there by accident. Used to track the vehicle through the build and delivery.

When we did the factory tour they mentiont a tag\chip with all the buildinginfo in the factory , however it was on the chassis from the first action on the production line where chassisparts (bottemplates) are welded together .
It can not be under a seat imo.

I've just Googled VAS6154/5 and it looks to be a wi-fi interface for dealer diagnostic equipment, . If you have had work done at a dealer recently they may be glad to have it back. You may save some technician from getting his wrists slapped for dropping it!

Rod

if your going to give it back make them come and get it , then let them wait two or three days while you look for it, then tell them you can't find it !

Very funny .Made us both chuckle .

if your going to give it back make them come and get it , then let them wait two or three days while you look for it, then tell them you can't find it !

Maybe not the best way to impress the dealer if you want help later. The lads in the workshop are just working folk like many of us and it will be one of them that is getting it in the neck for mislaying the module.

I'm on a YTS training course at VW .... just passing on the knowledge x
FYI .... this is also tongue in cheek .
peace & love bro

What Rod VW said! It's an ODIS communicator and your Van Centre will indeed want it back! This device plugs into your Cali's CAN-BUS and allows the VAS diagnostic PC (VAS6150A-D or VAS6160) to talk to your ECU. They are very expensive to replace, as you might imagine with Volkswagen...

Spoke to Snows VW Plymouth & sent email with photo. No reply yet

Update.
Dealers have responded thanking us .
2 VW mugs await us when we drop it in , when our Cali has its 1st interim service.

Update , missing item returned to rightful owners.
As promised
View attachment 23648
Decent thermos travel mug .

Thanks Snows VW Plymouth.

Fits in the strange cup holder that came with our T6
How do they fit in the pull out cup holder in the middle? I've been looking for one that doesn't fall over. My Bodum cup doesn't quite fit correctly.

Back