Whats wrong here …

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
A while ago my friend had his anti-corrosion tape applied on the roof under warranty. Today he discovered that the seal looked like this! What might have caused this?

The case is that in Denmark - on new Californias - they apply the tape under the seal to prevent any corrosion, just like done at the factory for some time now. That happens when the car comes in for service anyway.

If I recall correctly there is a new part number for a seal that is made to fit over the tape, when this is fitted. This because the original seal is to tight. Is it possible that they fitted the old seal over the tape? Or do you have other suggestions on what might have caused it…?

fHdEqEviRFG80bTFKMp52w.jpg L7XMvgfZRJmKdQaIBHElRA.jpg

The seal is not fitted properly it could be because the metal strip has broken through the rubber

The seal is not fitted properly it could be because the metal strip has broken through the rubber

It felt something like the metal clip inside the seal was loose (I didn't poke too much with it), so you might be right. But its just odd that it has looked perfect for a few months and suddenly this …

It happened to mine I put a new seal on:thumb

Cold weather, seal has contracted,,

The weather is rather warm for this time of year … but we also talked about that as a factor. Then I think it could only happen because the mechanic has reused an old seal. Other seals are not affected in this way due to the weather.