Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel Bolt Covers

S

Stu

Guest User
What's the general consensus with regard to wheel bolt covers?

Did your Cali come with them?

Every other VAG car I have had has had them but the Cali doesn't so I'm wondering if they've been forgotten. It certainly mentions them in the manual and I've got the tool to remove them in the kit.

Hi

I got them thrown in when buying my Cali. Apparently they are not a cheap purchase.

I mean like these -

attachment.php

or these -

6866207146_1e4bd657a8_c.jpg

sebking said:
55 quid from ebay!

Hence my trying to find out if I should have them and they've been left sat on the side in the workshop when my springs were fitted :thumb

I have this picture of the OEM thunder wheels which clearly shows them -

Thunder Wheel.png

I don't believe that they do come with them. Give Steve in our parts department a call to see about pricing

cheers

I got some under warranty, had a bit of rust on the bolts so Vw replaced them and threw some in too.

Jenny Smith said:
I got some under warranty, had a bit of rust on the bolts so Vw replaced them and threw some in too.

Exactly the same with us.
I took them off when i got home though as i didn't like the look of black bolt covers on the alloys.
Don't they make them in silver?

Shout out ...!!!!!...any cali owners have the wheel nut covers on their cali when they got it . :?:

Interesting to know from Berghaus owners if they come with them :?: :shocked

Hi,

My Berghaus did not come with them.

Doug

Do we know what size the nuts are.. :?: :?: :?: :?:

if 17mm bolts the same as the passat,beetle,bora etc then you can get the covers in a set for under a tenner with the engraving on them ...

Calikev said:
Mine are 19mm :doh :doh

that is a shame .... :cry: .......for under a tenner for the set it would have been worth a look ..i'll ask if they can get 19mm covers ....

I've not looked yet mate.

Our new Golf came the day before we went on holiday so when I get an opportunity I'll try one from that and see. :thumb

I am also waiting for VW CS to call me back about it as I raised it as a complaint with them.

I had a development on this yesterday. I wasn't going to post until it was fully resolved but as its come up again today and to prevent anyone buying them unnecessarily I'll spill the beans.

VW CS agreed to pay for them and have advised the supplying dealer to provide them to me and invoice CS. The lady I spoke to agreed with me that whilst the Cali was marketed by VW Commercial it wasn't your average builders van but a £50k leisure vehicle and as such should be specified with this in mind.

I'm awaiting contact from the dealers now.

Stu said:
Sure - Hatfield.

However if you want the same you'll need to call VW Commercial CS first to get authorisation.

Q. 09 How can I contact Customer Care?

A. 09 Customer Care details.

E-mail: customercare@vwcv.co.uk
Telephone: 0800 783 4909

Ok thanks.

Just checked this Polo loan car I have on the drive, even that is sporting those wheelbolt caps!

Back