Wheel Bolt / nut covers.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Ok, I know you can get 19mm sized covers in plastic or silicone to cover the wheel bolt heads BUT has anyone come across such covers for the Wheel Security Bolts?

I also found the silicone ones fitted over the security bolts too - so shouldn't be a problem.
Got some silicone covers, but no way will they fit.

Any links to the ones that you have?

I got them on eBay. I have checked but the purchase history does not go back far enough for me to send you a link. I will have a look in the garage today and see if I can find any packaging. I’ll update this thread later.

Ha ha. My wife put me straight. I got them on Amazon. I think they were like these. The supplier I got them from does not list them but these look identical. At £3.35 and free postage it’s worth a punt! Good luck.

I tried some, i think they were from a Toureg, no way would they fit so i
gave up.

I have the standard VW black plastic covers (with the word VOLKSWAGEN impressed in the cover) with a clear plastic inner ‘sleeve’. You don’t need to purchase the removal tool as it should already be in your tool kit...it’s the bent wire thingy.

They fit perfectly, including the locking bolts, but cost £56!

I got a set of ones marked as for Audi's, 19mm. push fit onto the nut and had ones for the lock nuts. Fraction of the VW product price.

If you have a sparewheel carrier Sparesafe then you don't really need one, it comes with one but getting it off isn't easy.