Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel carrier from Mule

That looks great. Agree, great craftmanship

A quick note on the license plate though - on visibility. Will that be a problem? I am not sure on the regs though, just know that it needs to be visible at a certain angle.

That looks great. Agree, great craftmanship

A quick note on the license plate though - on visibility. Will that be a problem? I am not sure on the regs though, just know that it needs to be visible at a certain angle.
I agree with you there.
License plates need to be visible from higher angles, so the speed cameras can catch you!

If it were me driving with the number plate obscured at an angle, I can assure you I would get stopped and fined !!!

This is Awsome
Was it expensive?
Looked at so many the only thing I worry about is opening the rear window
Does it still work for you?

Follow Mule.vans on insta, his work looks really very good. Just need something for the California to carry wheel and Peli case on rear hatch !

Follow Mule.vans on insta, his work looks really very good. Just need something for the California to carry wheel and Peli case on rear hatch !
Only wheel carrier for Transporter type Cali is for barn door rear as the side hinges take the load.

Only wheel carrier for Transporter type Cali is for barn door rear as the side hinges take the load.
Hess do a hatch wheel and Peli carrier.
You upgrade the struts at the same time.
But I don’t fancy the enormous cost from Hess.
800 for rear rack
330 for wheel carrier.

Hess do a hatch wheel and Peli carrier.
You upgrade the struts at the same time.
But I don’t fancy the enormous cost from Hess.
800 for rear rack
330 for wheel carrier.
Not just a wheel carrier. In theory you could convert a bike rack to a wheel carrier.

Not just a wheel carrier. In theory you could convert a bike rack to a wheel carrier.
You could yes.
But I have a 3 bike tilting bike rack

Not cheap , but it's aluminium runs in at £1200 fitted.
Rear window still opens perfectly.
Thanks ady definitely the nicest one I have seen and looks like I could possibly still use my thule bike rack

Finally found the wheel carrier for my GC.
All aluminium and the quality is excellent.

Took a drive north to Barnsley and they fitted it, amazing quality and attention to detail.

View attachment 101696

View attachment 101697

View attachment 101699
Hi - just a follow up to see if you are still happy with the wheel carrier? I have just ordered a spare alloy/tyre from elite tyres (using Cali Club discount) and next step is to have a wheel carrier fitted. Been looking at Mule and also the carrier that VW T5 Upgrades sell for the new shape Crafter……thanks for any feedback.

Hi - just a follow up to see if you are still happy with the wheel carrier? I have just ordered a spare alloy/tyre from elite tyres (using Cali Club discount) and next step is to have a wheel carrier fitted. Been looking at Mule and also the carrier that VW T5 Upgrades sell for the new shape Crafter……thanks for any feedback.
Hi, very happy ..had it a while now and still looks like new .would definitely recommend

Hi, very happy ..had it a while now and still looks like new .would definitely recommend
Great to hear, and thanks for the reply! I have my sparevally/tyre arriving tomorrow and then need to save for the Mule :cool: