Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel size for 4x4

Riokay

Riokay

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have a T5 Cali 4x4 with standard VW 17" alloy wheels. I am looking to change the alloys for something a bit more sporty and wondered if anyone with a 4x4 had any thoughts on whether I could stretch to a 19" wheel? I have possibly read about this topic a couple of years ago but am unable to find it. Thanks

I have a T5 Cali 4x4 with standard VW 17" alloy wheels. I am looking to change the alloys for something a bit more sporty and wondered if anyone with a 4x4 had any thoughts on whether I could stretch to a 19" wheel? I have possibly read about this topic a couple of years ago but am unable to find it. Thanks

To my understanding, the only issue with the 4WD is that all wheels must have the same circumstance. It is an issue to consider if you change wheels and want to bring a spare.

So you can go up to 20" if you please. You must take notice that depending on the wheel size you chose, some recommend to get the wheels digitally re-aligned.

Another thing it comfort. Some (myself included) find the larger wheels compromises driving comfort. I stick to the 18" Toluca and am very happy.

In my experience 19" tyres are expensive to get the same circumference as factory so I would go 18" or 20". My mate is running 20's on his 4motion with 275 35 tyres so very near the rolling circumference as the standard wheels. The handling is improved but, as Kmann pointed out, the comfort is slightly reduced on bumpy roads.

Hi All
Another wheel question!!
I have a 2013 Cali ready for tyres so looking at upgrades from the standard 17" wheel. I would like to either go -30mm Sportline or Bilstein B14 and 19" or 20" to lower a bit for ride and asthetics improvement (in my opinion!) I'm looking at :-
19/20" x 8.5" front with around a 35mm offset and
19/20" x 9" rear with around a 40mm offset (trying to clear the Cali Door lining)
Could anyone who has done any of these mods put some photos on of 19' fit and 20" fit for asthetics please?
Anyone have much experience of the Bilstein B14s and the ride quality?
I know that this isn't purest and may create further issues so this is a fact find and I would welcome a wide range of views / experience from you guys......
Thanks in advance