Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

When did Euro 6 come in?

N

nputtick

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Self explanatory I hope. It seems to me that buying a Euro 6 powered Cali will mitigate against not being able to get into certain city centres, especially in Europe, also in London (the ULEZ) and probably also other locations in the UK before too long. This might also affect future value. Does this go on build date, reg. date, or VIN number? How else can I be sure it's Euro 6 not Euro 5? Many thanks from this newbie. Nigel

Late 2015 was the T6 so it would be then or maybe early 2016 (some of the first T6 were Euro5)

Thanks, I thought it was Sept 2015, but not sure how long before they came through to dealers, or how long it took to shift earlier models. The need for adblue of course is the answer, so that is what I will check!

You have to check at the dealer.

I have a Euro 5, T5.1 from 2009, but it is registered as Euro 4. VW says it is a fault from Belgium and the DIV in Belgium says it is a fault from VW at preregistration of the van.
So if you should buy my van, it says Euro 4, but actually it is Euro5.
Still trying to find out who made the mistake. It certainly wasn't me, but I am stuck with the hassle and the eventual costs to get it fixed :mad:.

Mine was tested in June, got a reading of 0.00 NOx must make mine
a euro 10 at least.
Although i had been tanking up with shell v power had an oil change
and threw a bottle of magic stuff in the tank ( a bit like redex ) anyway
it all worked out okay.
I was a bit concerned it might not pass cos when i nail it i can see some
black stuff coming out of the rear.

Thanks, I thought it was Sept 2015, but not sure how long before they came through to dealers, or how long it took to shift earlier models. The need for adblue of course is the answer, so that is what I will check!
As far as I am aware, every M1 Car registered from the 1st September 2015 had to be Euro 6 compliant.

Every Commercial N1 Light Goods/Van etc; registered from 1st of September 2016 had to be Euro 6 compliant.

So there are in fact T6 vans that were registered between September 2015 and September 2016 that are Euro 5 only and don’t use Adblue.

Mine was tested in June, got a reading of 0.00 NOx must make mine
a euro 10 at least.
Although i had been tanking up with shell v power had an oil change
and threw a bottle of magic stuff in the tank ( a bit like redex ) anyway
it all worked out okay.
I was a bit concerned it might not pass cos when i nail it i can see some
black stuff coming out of the rear.
That reading of 0.00 would be the particles, not the NOx.
I have a DPF, so no black smoke from the exhaust (at least not visible). And when standing still, there is a rev limiter to 2500 rpm, making it impossible to kill the engine in the MOT. And impossible to see smoke coming out of the exhaust if there would be no DPF.

That reading of 0.00 would be the particles, not the NOx.
I have a DPF, so no black smoke from the exhaust (at least not visible). And when standing still, there is a rev limiter to 2500 rpm, making it impossible to kill the engine in the MOT. And impossible to see smoke coming out of the exhaust if there would be no DPF.
I still something coming out, at night when headlights
are on me, i assume its black :)

Well, you have the original T5 California with the 5 cylinder Touareg engine. And by your story I assume you have no DPF, so yes, your soot is directly blown out of your exhaust (at least the part that isn't recuperated to the engine through your EGR).
I have the updated T5, with DPF, so all my soot is stored in the DPF, and burnt while driving, making it more polluting invisibly, but more environmently friendly (that is what they want to make up to you). Your soot drops down on the road and flushes away with rain. My burnt soot, well, we all inhale it, causing more health problems.

After all, it's still a German engine, and we all know what ....

I think I will shut up now :headbang

Well, you have the original T5 California with the 5 cylinder Touareg engine. And by your story I assume you have no DPF, so yes, your soot is directly blown out of your exhaust (at least the part that isn't recuperated to the engine through your EGR).
I have the updated T5, with DPF, so all my soot is stored in the DPF, and burnt while driving, making it more polluting invisibly, but more environmently friendly (that is what they want to make up to you). Your soot drops down on the road and flushes away with rain. My burnt soot, well, we all inhale it, causing more health problems.

After all, it's still a German engine, and we all know what ....

I think I will shut up now :headbang
I've got my EGR and DPF in place, like i say there is something
coming out of the back end sometimes visible at night maybe its
a re-gen but there's no problem, i was just saying that mine
passed with 0.00, i´ll have a look on the sheet at my particle output
if it's there.

What is the colour of the inside of your exhaust pipe?
Mine is black, despite of the DPF. I have seen diesel cars with shiny pipes that ran over 200000km.
Strange.