Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

When does an order get locked so you can't amend?

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Sorry if this has been answered before but can't find it.

Vaguely remember someone saying you can amend the order 7 weeks before a build date, is that correct. Still no confirmed build date and thinking of changing the colour!

I'm guessing everything is shutdown for Christmas and New Year, so I guess I won't be able to get amendments confirmed until Jan.

Another person bottled out of blackberry? I don't blame ya

Sorry if this has been answered before but can't find it.

Vaguely remember someone saying you can amend the order 7 weeks before a build date, is that correct. Still no confirmed build date and thinking of changing the colour!

I'm guessing everything is shutdown for Christmas and New Year, so I guess I won't be able to get amendments confirmed until Jan.
Hi, you may find the following link a useful guide. https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/track-my-order/faq

Don't be fooled you cannot enter your Cali order number in the link, it will not work, as the link is from the car site as opposed to the van one. There is no equivalent on the van site.

In theory you can make changes to your spec up until your Status is classified as "20". This is a "confirmed build date" and changes are not allowed after this date. Should you make them before this i.e. up to and including "Status 10" (unconfirmed build date) you will run the risk of delaying your build date. That said on occasions it can actually bring the build date forwards!

Best advice? Talk to your dealer, they have more experience of how their system works - non of us here can fathom it!!

Changing the colour? Bamboo Green will probably extend your wait, Candy White may shorten it. Other options may alter your wait time such as DSG box, some alloy wheel choices etc. etc.

It's an interesting journey..........

Interesting comments in the link about dealer allocations, might explain why some orders come though in 3-4 months while others take 8-9 months

JW is spot on, good advice.

I speak from experience as I tried to amend my order just after I'd been given the confirmed build date. I wanted the colour coded-dash added and was also thinking about a change of alloys. Simple additions you may think... but, the computer said a very firm 'NO'.

This despite the fact that the build date was over 2 months away!! Madness. My dealer said I could make the changes but I'd then most likely go to the back of the queue for a new build date :headbang :headbang

Very frustrating, but not life-threatening, I can deal with it, there is always the option of vinyl wrapping for the dash :)

If you have the slightest inkling that you may want to amend your order, do it sooner rather than later :(

Interesting comments in the link about dealer allocations, might explain why some orders come though in 3-4 months while others take 8-9 months
You may want to consider the following about dealer allocation too as thehorse makes ref above in posted link
Dealers get an allocation from VW over a period. Once they have sold this allocation any vans they then sell will not be considered for build dates until a new allocation kicks in. The result of this is delivery times for that dealer move out irrespective of specifications options chosen by the customer. I have a theory that is, I think, logical. The bigger a discount a dealer offers probably means the more likely they are to sell their allocation quickly and this of course will mean longer delivery dates. The smaller the discount the slower they use their allocation etc......you get the picture. I am also guessing this is a some kind of supply/demand control mechanism which will potentially mean someone who orders the exact same spec as you but later could get their delivery before you. That might sound unfair but if they paid more than you it might sound reasonable, yes? Just a theory! You can tell I have been waiting a while!!

You may want to consider the following about dealer allocation too as thehorse makes ref above in posted link
Dealers get an allocation from VW over a period. Once they have sold this allocation any vans they then sell will not be considered for build dates until a new allocation kicks in. The result of this is delivery times for that dealer move out irrespective of specifications options chosen by the customer. I have a theory that is, I think, logical. The bigger a discount a dealer offers probably means the more likely they are to sell their allocation quickly and this of course will mean longer delivery dates. The smaller the discount the slower they use their allocation etc......you get the picture. I am also guessing this is a some kind of supply/demand control mechanism which will potentially mean someone who orders the exact same spec as you but later could get their delivery before you. That might sound unfair but if they paid more than you it might sound reasonable, yes? Just a theory! You can tell I have been waiting a while!!
I agree and believe dealer allocation to be the main reason and no doubt on occasions there may be component shortages which could delay a build.
Customer builds are also given priority over dealer demo vehicle builds.

Mike

Back