Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where is the screw to manually close the roof folks?

C

camper-x

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I'm 200 miles from home and the control panel button has failed. It won't 'select' when pressed so I can't access the roof menu. I'm therefore trying to lower the roof manually. Can anyone tell me which screw to turn please?
7a0f9b3703fd0dd9f99c7a64c0e6f2c8.jpg
b922d9e058f2dfbdcd5301d13cb9825e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My manual states it should be where the yellow foam is behind the control unit?

Last edited:
Please take a picture once the foam is removed to show others where the screw is so it can help others who need to do this.

Did the control panel came out pretty easy?

Hope it goes well and you get home safe.:thumb

It was easier to strip the unit out, open, reseat the control button and reassemble. Result. All functioning as it should. Am intrigued to know where the screw is though if anyone can point me at it. Thanks.

ResultWell done.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Behind the Foam.

It was easier to strip the unit out, open, reseat the control button and reassemble. Result. All functioning as it should. Am intrigued to know where the screw is though if anyone can point me at it. Thanks.

In my post above but only behind the foam.

I'd fixed and reassembles before reading this. I didn't tear the foam out so no pic am afraid folks :-( it wouldn't be easy to get the foam out. Probably take a sharp knife so not returning in original form I'd say. Also the manual says steal the roof down and go direct to your VW dealer at 60kmh and with your wallet wide open. Not my bag!