Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to buy tyres in Europe

ChrisandPenney52

ChrisandPenney52

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Currently travelling in France and Germany. Fronts look a bit marginal, despite looking as though they had '000s left when we started. What are the equivalents of ATS etc. for good value tyre purchase and fitting?

Chris,
We had this problem in France with our old Westie..... Bulges in the side walls, not good!
Went first to a tyre centre who assured me that there was no problem!! ( they were French!) And that it would take at least3 days to get the tyres. They changed one tyre and put on the spare.
We travelled on feeling happier when thump thump thump the second tyre was dodgy.this time we went to a lorry tyre dealer in the hope that they would have them in stock. Foolish thought,we still had to wait for 3 days.
Hope. This helps

Thanks David. Got back home today with tyres looking in good enough shape so didn't need to find a source. Good trip through western France, Pyrenees, across to Provence and back through Switerland and Germany :)

Cheers

Chris

Sounds a good trip Chris, glad you got back ok. I've started to check my tyres before I go now so my experience has had some benefit.... But then I guess that I ought to have been doing that anyway!!

David

Back