Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to Stop

T

Tony Warren

We've just bought out first Cali and are looking to getting out and about. I know everything is now on the web but are there any good books out there that list sites, small sites, pubs etc. I am very IT literate so browsing the web is no issue but sometime a cuppa and a book cant be beaten, especially when you don't have a mobile signal.

Depends entirely your mode of camping:

If looking for a nice leisurely stopover then both main clubs, Caravan and Motorhome and camping and caravanning, offer a wealth of variety and choice, from full facility superb if regimented club sites to small 5 site max offering from nothing but water and a waste dump to full facility.

Both have books and websites for choosing with.

One-nighters not bothered about full facilities? Britstops lists over 700 pubs, farm shops etc where owners allow you too stop over night hopefully in exchange for business?

Wildcamping? Lots of websites.

A composite website? searchforsites is excellent.

Overseas? All the Aires from vicarious is excellent, a guide to around 9,000 places to stop the night for free or a few Euro's.

So the list goes on ....

UKcampsites is a good site also.

ACSI for out of season, they have paper guide books as well as an App,,,

Hi @Tony Warren and welcome,

if you search the forum for Britstops you'll see a lot of chatter on how good the book is and specifically lists various spots around the UK (mostly pubs) that offer short stops on a membership basis. I have just purchased the 2017 book and will be heading for my first Britstop in a couple of weeks. Their concept is to keep everything in a book; therefore, you wont get as much detail online.

Check out their website: http://www.britstops.com/

There are also Euro equivalents: France Passion, Espana Discovery and many more.

if you are looking for something more like a smaller site, I'd have a look at the Caravan & Motorhome Club Certified Locations which have a maximum of 5 pitches. Again this is a membership scheme but good value for money elsewhere.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/

Welcome and enjoy the Cali Life!

I’m fairly new to the Cali experience and find the Camper Contact App amazing , lists just about all the sites in Europe with reviews and often photos etc etc , only 5£

My experience is most pubs will let you stay in car park if having a meal just ask.