Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where to store wine?

Yorkie

Yorkie

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
we are just nearing the end of our first real tour in Brian. Most things have been sorted out like storing wet clothes, where to put mobile telephones etc. But a quest remains.

Storing bulk wine is easy; in the boot but in wet weather where does one keep the easy access bottles to avoid rushing out mid feast?
I can keep one next to the bin under the 13a socket but what do you people do?

Mine travels with me in the under bench drawer, squashed between my bags of clothes.

Now that is an important question
I have brandrup front seat bag thing, hangs over rear of passenger seat and has a bottle compartment. They are expensive, but not as expensive as red wine everywhere!
I got both seat bags off eBay for £85 bargain!!!

Remove the grey plastic panel on the drivers seat base and there is room in there for 4/5 bottles:thumb

Remove the grey plastic panel on the drivers seat base and there is room in there for 4/5 bottles:thumb

Sorry ...that space is used for other stuff.;)

There's always a place for some botlles , specially on the way home afther a France trip ...just put them somewhere , drawer under rear seat , bottom of large wardrobe next to fridge , sometimes a karton of six just travels in the rear next to the bogbench why not ?......in between the two front seats fits a karton also...
Next to the rear seat (remove the plasic panel permanent) i always put a large bag full stuf like pasta,sauce,milkkartons,tins,....by the end of a trip most of that is eaten and a perfect place to put some wine/champagne

These are things i do not worry at al , to me a no brainer..

We travelled home with quite some liters on occasions:D

You can also keep a box of 6 wine bottles in the gap between the end of the drawer and the drop down table-cheers!

You can also keep a box of 6 wine bottles in the gap between the end of the drawer and the drop down table-cheers!

Thats what a mean by removing the plasitc trim next to the rear seat i done this permanently.(it is meant for ski-storage)
But you can slide in a box from the bootharea quite easy without removing the trim

I have hidden our first aid kit, safety vests and shhhh iPads in there.
Ps. I can access mine by pulling seat fully towards boot when seat turned or if not turned pull forward.

All good ideas. Storage for return from abroad ideas are all good.

My issue was it was raining and the wife finished off a bottle and told me to get out into a storm and fetch some from the boot. Then she tells me off for having the boot up causing a wind tunnel as she calls it.

But door side pockets will store a couple of bottles as suggested. Best tip for me. And in a minute I will be trying to remove Hotel's plastic ski cover. Best travel tip.

It seems that wine issues get a great response. Ha ha

We store ours in the wardrobe. It's easy to get at and safely contained in case you have an accident whilst driving.

we are just nearing the end of our first real tour in Brian. Most things have been sorted out like storing wet clothes, where to put mobile telephones etc. But a quest remains.

Storing bulk wine is easy; in the boot but in wet weather where does one keep the easy access bottles to avoid rushing out mid feast?
I can keep one next to the bin under the 13a socket but what do you people do?

Hi We store 5 bottles in the safe plus a couple in seat drawer . Fits perfectly.

We keep red wine etc in the bottom of one of the sliding door cupboards, using a selection of those cheap neoprene 'bottle totes'. The twin or triple bottle types are ideal. So the bottles are reasonably well protected from knocks, and most importantly they don't roll about.

Hi We store 5 bottles in the safe plus a couple in seat drawer . Fits perfectly.
Brilliant. At last, a purpose for the safe. We've had our SE for eighteen months and haven't yet found a use for the safe............until now.
:thanks

Probably get a couple of bottles under the bonnet in the space in front of the battery as well if you're desperate.;)
Make sure you don't drink the spare oil though.

We keep red wine etc in the bottom of one of the sliding door cupboards, using a selection of those cheap neoprene 'bottle totes'. The twin or triple bottle types are ideal. So the bottles are reasonably well protected from knocks, and most importantly they don't roll about.
Where do we buy the totes? Don't recall seeing them.

With the plug in, you could keep another gallon in the sink! :thumb
All you'd need is straws.

We now buy wine in the carton, no rattling bottles, on tap 24 hours, available in 3, 4 & 5 ltr cartons. Easy to transport and pack. Not much difference price wise to bottles.
We do have the advantage that with 5 trips per year to France we can plan how many litres are needed for UK periods.

On a cautionary note, wine is an alcoholic drink and with lower legal blood levels in France it is easy to be permanently over the limit. I got a shock when I looked at a typical red wine label and worked out the units per day I was consuming.

We now buy wine in the carton, no rattling bottles, on tap 24 hours, available in 3, 4 & 5 ltr cartons. Easy to transport and pack. Not much difference price wise to bottles.

When I was a young(er) chap wine boxes invariably contained something like Le Piat D'Or (remember: "Les Francais Adore Le Piat D'Or"? - Abhor, more like) or Austrian airport runway de-icer, or something with small print that said "product of more than one EEC country", the only saving grace being that after a glass or two you couldn't actually read the small print. So I must admit to being a bit shuddery about wine in boxes.

But if they now put decent stuff in boxes, it might well be something I'd look at again.

Actually, I just came across this... (think I may stick to bottles after all).

Camper-Vin2-high-res-350x350.jpg

(https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2016/08/boutinot-launches-camper-vin-bib-wine/)

Back