Where's the worst place you've stayed.

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I'll start this one. Crimdon Dean holiday park. Hartlepool. Get me back to those skips in ambleside. Jesus.
Booked 2 nights,I'm not staying tomorrow. Going to draw a cock on it and move on but had a few beers now. Trust me,you need a few here.

20240609_174308.jpg

20240609_180936.jpg

Funny you should say that. Appleby horse fair been on. Some members of a certain community are staying here.

Funny you should say that. Appleby horse fair been on. Some members of a certain community are staying here.
lol I think you have missed a trick didn’t you visit the nuclear power plant and it’s surrounding chemical plants lol

lol I think you have missed a trick didn’t you visit the nuclear power plant and it’s surrounding chemical plants lol
On a serious note head down the North Yorkshire coast saltburn onwards it’s lovely saltburn has a park for night near the pier lovely

Ha. My dad's family had a static there in the 50s & 60s. Still bangs on about how wonderful it was. Mind, things were tough back then, apparently.

Ha. My dad's family had a static there in the 50s & 60s. Still bangs on about how wonderful it was. Mind, things were tough back then, apparently.
It changed

On a serious note head down the North Yorkshire coast saltburn onwards it’s lovely saltburn has a park for night near the pier lovely
Yeah I know the Yorkshire coast well. I'm heading north from here through those Newcastle roadworks, wow what they doing there? To mighty dub fest at alnwick castle

Stayed at a farm site in Bishops Lydeard.

Was essentially a field covered in goose sh1t (and a flock of them wandering about) and 4 filthy festival toilets. There was a vagrant in one corner and a bloke living full time in a caravan in the other.

One of the reasons we always now stop at sites with good ratings and toilet and shower blocks.

Life too short for that cr@p. Literally.

"Shell Island" rubbish overflowing too few loos and too many people. Many years ago may have changed?

Yeah I know the Yorkshire coast well. I'm heading north from here through those Newcastle roadworks, wow what they doing there? To mighty dub fest at alnwick castle
Roadworks north of the Angel thing is (I think) to improve the roundabout access and add a 3rd lane, though it's a pity they didn't do it during the previous disruption.
We live near Alnwick but have never been tempted into the dub fest.
The walk along the coast from Craster to Newton via Dunstanburgh Castle is worthwhile once you've had enough van polishing.

The pink track suit shop must have been busy recently

Two spring to mind; one down near Symonds Yat, I think mainly a "holiday park" with some camping, but literally two toilet cubicles for the entire camping community there = queues for the loo at 5:30am. There used to be a lovely (if basic) campsite on the other side of the river, sadly now closed. The other was on Anglesey. The site had very few level pitches (with some ridiculously sloped, yet people still had to camp on them as they had no choice), "new" facilities which were very basic and had the interesting design concept of having a shower, toilet and sink in each cubicle. Three in total. Of course this model meant at any point, only a third of the "capability" of the cubicle was being used, so someone went in, did their business then had a shower, the cubicle could be out of action for quite a while. Again, queues galore.

We do more background research these days - it's supposed to be a holiday, I can't be bothered with slumming it anymore, especially as there's rarely a relationship between "slumming it" and the price.

I'll start this one. Crimdon Dean holiday park. Hartlepool. Get me back to those skips in ambleside. Jesus.
Booked 2 nights,I'm not staying tomorrow. Going to draw a cock on it and move on but had a few beers now. Trust me,you need a few here.

View attachment 124432

View attachment 124433
its Hartlepool, the NE coast is gently better now we outsourced the coal mining and heavy industry to the rest of the world (and the jobs) Depends how much the site cost.

its Hartlepool, the NE coast is gently better now we outsourced the coal mining and heavy industry to the rest of the world (and the jobs) Depends how much the site cost.
Never went into hartlepool. I fancied a few jars there, but the camp was so bad I had to leave ASAP this morning after having this amazing breakfast. Yes that is toast and yes the bacon and sausage weren't cooked.cold beans,no butter. Terrible all round

IMG-20240610-WA0002.jpg

Never went into hartlepool. I fancied a few jars there, but the camp was so bad I had to leave ASAP this morning after having this amazing breakfast. Yes that is toast and yes the bacon and sausage weren't cooked.cold beans,no butter. Terrible all round

View attachment 124457
Toast looks a little anemia.

Was just like stale bread

This might be controversail, but all Yelloh! sites in France. Some people clearly love them. I can see the appeal but they're just not for us.

My wife hates them. Usually cries. She wants a quite corner to do Yoga, somewhere to buy eggs and yoghurt, hear birdsong. And no loud bar. Oh and I hate camping on 16 square meters of tent-peg-bending dirt.

IMG_5038.jpeg
Monopoli Italy in March. One night and left. More ghetto than camp site. Money in a slot meter for a shower. Online site looked lovely. Taken 20 years ago must be.

IMG_5040.jpeg

I came across a few sites in France a bit like that Italy site above; perhaps because we're out of season and they hadn't "spring cleaned" yet, but it felt like some were just very tired with owners that couldn't cope with maintaining a pool and other facilities.

This might be controversail, but all Yelloh! sites in France. Some people clearly love them. I can see the appeal but they're just not for us.

My wife hates them. Usually cries. She wants a quite corner to do Yoga, somewhere to buy eggs and yoghurt, hear birdsong. And no loud bar. Oh and I hate camping on 16 square meters of tent-peg-bending dirt.
Cannot speak too highly of the Yelloh site at Luc sur Mer in Normandy; spotlessly clean, great staff and facilities. Next door to the lovely small town and sea front.

View attachment 124457
Are you sure that’s a sausage & not an industrial accident ?

:Iamsorry

Back