Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

where's the .....?

G

Glamper Gladys

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Anyone else have their cali fully stocked? We're out of loo roll - look in The Kali .. Out of rice - look in The Kali .... Out of teabags - in The Kali... It goes on ;) it makes me happy :D

Anyone else have their cali fully stocked? We're out of loo roll - look in The Kali .. Out of rice - look in The Kali .... Out of teabags - in The Kali... It goes on ;) it makes me happy :D
Not really how it works in our regime. We leave in items like kettle, cups, bedding etc, but only take what we need each trip for consumables (e.g. 2 days' worth of coffee/tea, planned meals and a selection of snacks, more choices of alcohol than we need, but you never know what kind of mood you're going to be in at yardarm time ...) and usually empty out when we get home. As the Cali lives on the drive, this is a piece of cake unlike when we had our caravan, which was stored some 15 miles away!

Usually it's spices or sparkling water. Our van makes Tesco look bare.

Not even two months into ownership, and happens all the time (including tonight).

Yes it's a very useful resource! Can't see the point of emptying the supplies out every time - unless maybe the van isn't used very often I suppose, but I use them if I'm just out for the day etc. The only thing I remove is the perishables from the fridge and bread and opened packs of biscuits.

I did the same last year when I used it to keep food available and the van ready for an odd sleep night when my Mum was ill. Today's plan is to run through my 10 page checklist to ensure all is back in order and ready for my rebooked, cancelled holiday from last year....CAN'T WAIT! Even Dottie has had her holiday checkover and is ready and raring to go!

So on that note, I'll get on with the task...van was brought back to house in readiness last night. Unfortunately I returned to find it had rained on all my washed bedding....another pre holiday prep list item!

I'm a list fanatic!!

What's your 10 page check list? I love lists too and as we've just recently purchased a Cali Ocean, I'm still not sure how much stuff we need to take with us.

I did the same last year when I used it to keep food available and the van ready for an odd sleep night when my Mum was ill. Today's plan is to run through my 10 page checklist to ensure all is back in order and ready for my rebooked, cancelled holiday from last year....CAN'T WAIT! Even Dottie has had her holiday checkover and is ready and raring to go!

So on that note, I'll get on with the task...van was brought back to house in readiness last night. Unfortunately I returned to find it had rained on all my washed bedding....another pre holiday prep list item!

I'm a list fanatic!!
I love lists! Can't live without them. I kid you not, I have an excel spreadsheet checklist for camping so we don't forget anything. Anal? Moi?

Time for me to bow out of this thread - I sometimes write a list but usually lose it........... But I've been camping on a motorcycle trike for many years so I'm used to travelling light and if I forget something I can usually do without it!

:D

Time for me to bow out of this thread - I sometimes write a list but usually lose it........... But I've been camping on a motorcycle trike for many years so I'm used to travelling light and if I forget something I can usually do without it!

:D
I think, BikerGran, that you have just got a better memory than me! I'm envious!

No the memory is abysmal but most of what I need is left in the van all the time - fresh food can be acquired along the way!"

The answer is - screwtops! :thumb

Reactions: DM
Back