Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which awning to buy? Outwell Country Road or Khyam Motordome

P

Pjc

hi, we are trying to buy a awning for extra space for the family. We like Outwell because of the zip in groundsheet, but people on this forum seem to have one of the Khyam awnings. We want to order ASAP, but want to get the best for us.
we don't have the sun awning on our van yet, it will be fitted by VW in a month, can we attach an awning to the rubber rail on our Cali Beach?
New to all this please help, Paul

Re: Which awning to buy? Outwell Country Road or Khyam Motor

I can only speak for myself but i bought a khyam motordome classic mostly because they are so easy to put up and down. No fiddling about with poles etc. I'm no expert but can have it fully erect fnar fnar in less than 5 minutes. Guying it out takes me about 15 mins. It's a brilliant system especially when its raining.
Don't know anything about outwells so can't compare. I've got a groundsheet but never used it.

Hi Paul

I have moved your topic into the general camping accessories section where you will find plenty of topics about the Khyam.

We also went for a Khyam but in our case we got the sleeper as we needed the extra space for our two dogs. I looked at a lot of awnings before deciding on the Khyam because of its quick erect frame system. We also got a breathable ground sheet which is excellent. :thumb

The other option for touring and short stays is a quick erect tent worth considering again lots of topics in this section.

John

Hi guys,
Thanks for your help, we will look at deals on a Khyam awnings as they seem pretty good! Thanks again.
Paul :D

We used our Khyam Motordome in Cornwall a few weeks ago during some pretty serious storms and it stood up to everything even when the cali was not connected whilst we were driving around. Our neighbours pole tent suffered three broken poles and other tents in the same field were trashed. If camping in the UK for any length of time, I thoroughly recommend the Khyam in the event it rains. For trips abroad (where the weather is hopefully better), I am not so sure and will be considering the side panels for the Cali awning.

Back