Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Bike Rack ?

T

T6 VCO

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Getting a rack included in my T6 Ocean purchase but undecided on the two styles any pros an cons between the two ?
portat50.png
7E0071104A

download.jpg

7E0071104

OK now I'm worried. I had a rack added as part of the deal on my new van but they have to order it in this week... I think I'm getting a "Quasimodo" as a result as the sales guy mentioned a "new" rack. That thread seems a bit inconclusive as to whether the older style rack it fits a T6 or if it's available for a dealer to order? I'll ring them tomorrow but I definitely prefer the look of "Kylie" (it was always so).

My dealer will only fit the "Quasimodo" one even though I have given them the other part number. So getting one elsewhere and getting cost knocked off the price or getting them to supply and not fit.

I think the general consensus is the newer one is better built and sturdier and generally better as a bike rack so that's the one I'll go for.

Neither is a work of art really and I wouldn't go for form over function. As an aside I've seen hundreds of Calis on the road with racks but I've never seen one with bikes fitted!

We have had both types, I prefere the look of the original one on our T5 but the new version on the T6 has a few positives in my opinion,
1/ it feels sturdier
2/ it's sits further out from the van so the chances of damaging the roof with Handel bars on bikes is somewhat reduced
3/ when you fold it up it clips into place, the old one needed to be retained with one of the bike clamps.
4/ it has plastic wheel straps with quick release buckles which can't fall off, the old one has normal tie straps that fall off and get lost if you forget to close them when not in use.

These are all minor things and in the end they are both great racks so if you prefer the kylie look go for it.

I hope this helps.