Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which bonnet bra

B

Benedict

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Taking delivery of 2014 T5 GP 140 Se California this week. Have read various threads about bb's, and would like to buy one.

Looked for autostyle one online, but only gives T5 van engine details when choosing which one.

What type/supplier should I go for, and are all T5 2014 bonnets the same please?

Yes all 2014 bonnets the same i had a vanx
One good quality i took it of everytime i washed it and before anyone says that was once a fortnight.

I had one, but removed it after a few months as it kept collecting pine needles from a nearby tree. Had to remove it every few days to clean them out. Couldn't be bothered in the end.

Well it has to be a T cup!

I looked into getting one of these but discovered from other members that you can get road grit and other debris down inside them. This apparently causes damage to the paint surface. Another option is to have the bonnet vinyl wrapped in clear film. In the end I have just decided to use the vehicle and see how it goes. If I have to have the bonnet resprayed in two or three years then so be it.

There's only one that wears a Bra in our van. :shocked

Albert can stay as he is :(

I have been looking at one. Full as opposed to half, bit then found a nice wind deflector. My purchase has not concluded yet as still in limbo. I definitely fancy the deflector mind you. As for the wrapping, its a good all be it more expensive option, I would find it had to just have the bonnet done. I had it on flared arches etc before on a car and was great, but I always found road rash started where it stopped.

Bit of an update.. Decided to opt for a bonnet wrap instead of a bra. It was £60+VAT in Leeds, and I thought that was pretty good value. Only time will tell whether it makes much difference or not, but the fact that the local van centre have all their rental van bonnets wrapped in order to keep resale prices up made me feel it was worthwhile.

Bit of an update.. Decided to opt for a bonnet wrap instead of a bra. It was £60+VAT in Leeds, and I thought that was pretty good value. Only time will tell whether it makes much difference or not, but the fact that the local van centre have all their rental van bonnets wrapped in order to keep resale prices up made me feel it was worthwhile.
I think you made the right choice, I will be doing the same when we get ours. I have a bra that fits on the Touareg and I use when we go on trips for protection off road, but even after 3 weeks you can see the effect on the paintwork, it does polish out but a wrap is the better option IMO.
IMG_0456.jpg

Benedict, can you give us an update