Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Pressure Washer?

Annik

Annik

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Like many people I have always purchased Karcher but they only seem to last around two years now as the quality is so poor, even on the expensive ones ( read the online reviews, it seems to happen to most people) I am looking for a change and thought it is a good time to be looking as the sales are on, I am looking to spend around £300-400

I changed to Nilfisk, it works very well …

+1 for Nilfisk, I also gave up with Karcher, the Nilfisk appears much better build quality and good customer service.

STIHL RE 129, Built to run all day, every day

Thanks for all the replies, we have just purchased a Nilfisk as it was 140 BAR compared to the Stihl which was only 125 BAR, I also got a two year warranty on the Nilfisk so was a no brainer - thanks again

I'm just looking at these myself so a well timed thread. :thumb

+1 for Nilfisk, we had several Karchers and none of them lasted longer than 2 years, Nilfisk build quality is so much better ( metal components instead of plasic) Karcher used to be the boss of pressure washers around ten years ago but since moving production to China the quality went down hill.

I would probably get nilfisk next time due the good reviews but I have to say my karcher is still working perfectly after about 5 years. The handle on the base unit never fitted properly and is a bit wobbly but it's holding up well.

I tried the nilfisk my mate had but found it weedy compared to the bigger Karcher, so I bought a bigger one than I needed from the karcher online outlet shop and haved £200 and got a bigger pro series one.
Only 6 months warranty as standard on refurbished pressure washers, that doesn't inspire much confidence.

Superb customer services from Nilfisk, we managed to lose a coople of parts and we phoned them up to purchase replacements and they arrived next day in the post totally free of charge ! Excellent build quality compared to my old Karcher which was very plasticy, the Nilfisk feels more industrial

Be careful where you use your Pressure Washer on your California - apparently a prime cause for leaking sliding windows.

Don't let the spray go any where near the parking sensors, I found out the hard way:embarrased

I've not had any real problems with Karchers and you can source spares quite easily. That's my experience anyway!

Be careful on the painted plastic parts if you have a supersonic pressure washer!

I personally would only use a pressure wash on my wheels,under the wheel arches and seals

Alan

I think some of you need to view many of the professional detailers videos. Almost all use them on considerably more expensive/exotic cars than a California. Just use common sense .

... Message ends...

Not sure about Karcher, but my Nilfisk one comes with an alternative nozzle for pressure washing the car - it is no where near as harsh as the normal nozzle - you can squirt it at your hand without injury!

Still powerful enough to losen road grime, and gets off the loose grit, but then you just default to sponge and bubbles - plus my windows don't leak, parking sensors still work and paint stays on.

It also comes with a normal nozzle and a sort of weird vibrating nozzle for cleaning paving.

When I first got the Nilfisk it felt very light weight - but has lasted very well.

I think some of you need to view many of the professional detailers videos. Almost all use them on considerably more expensive/exotic cars than a California. Just use common sense .

... Message ends...
Not many expensive/exotic cars have sliding windows like the California, but you are correct in your observation.
Personally I find my garden hose has more than enough pressure .

Not many expensive/exotic cars have sliding windows like the California, but you are correct in your observation.
Personally I find my garden hose has more than enough pressure .

Agreed, comment was aimed more at the paint stripping characteristics. As mentioned common sense is the key. If there is loose/flaking paint then that is a different story, in that case refer to previous sentence.

... Message ends...

When Albert got totally encrusted in mud last year I tried Ultrasound as an alternative to pressure washing.

The results were not impressive so I finally told my Mother in law to stop talking :sad

I made these trolleys with swivel wheels which make moving the pressure washer and bucket so much easier.