Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which Sat Nav do I have?

4x4 Cali

4x4 Cali

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi. Can anyone tell me which Sat Nav / Radio I have and is it possible to upgrade the Maps myself? Picture attached. 2006 T5.

The radio has a DAB upgrade and I have not actually yet discovered how that works to be honest. There is a remote but not sure if it runs via the AUX function or do you somehow tune the DAB to a FM frequency itself?

Thanks.

California4.PNG

I don't recognise the model to be honest, not a RNS 315 or 510, doesnt look like the Kenwood option VW did either (but I could be wrong).

On mine DAB is via the radio button and then at the bottom is the band button. Can you take a closer photo?

Hi. Can anyone tell me which Sat Nav / Radio I have and is it possible to upgrade the Maps myself? Picture attached. 2006 T5.

The radio has a DAB upgrade and I have not actually yet discovered how that works to be honest. There is a remote but not sure if it runs via the AUX function or do you somehow tune the DAB to a FM frequency itself?

Thanks.

View attachment 31143
Press and hold the SETUP button for at least 15 seconds with the unit switched ON.
This will give the Unit Part Number, Software and Map Data versions etc.

This works on most VW compatible units.

Looks like a RNS 2 DVD.
Not sure about how to upgrade the Navi but i would be interested to know.

Ok will head out to the Cali a little later and report back with a pic and hopefully the unit number, software etc. trying the hold SETUP button.

Press and hold the SETUP button for at least 15 seconds with the unit switched ON.
This will give the Unit Part Number, Software and Map Data versions etc.

This works on most VW compatible units.

Hi WG. Which button is the setup button?

I don't recognise the model to be honest, not a RNS 315 or 510, doesnt look like the Kenwood option VW did either (but I could be wrong).

On mine DAB is via the radio button and then at the bottom is the band button. Can you take a closer photo?
SatNav.JPG

Hi WG. Which button is the setup button?

To find out what software you currently have follow these steps:
• Press Navigation button.
• Press the Settings button.
• Press the Syst. settings button.
• Press and hold Factory set button for 5 to 10 sec.
• Press System info button.
• Press down arrows button.
Navigation software version will be listed under HW-HU.(the last two number is your version)
If Software version is 50 or above, DO NOT continue with
programming.
If software version is 49 or below, continue with update
programming.

Looks like v.25? So to update I need a new CD?

DDFB50C2-B169-4E02-AA93-496A5DA35EB1.jpeg

54D47BFB-AF3B-4009-A77A-3C781DB98939.jpeg

607F65A6-C579-417E-BD8F-1C2C381C182A.jpeg

It would appear so.
I don’t know if the available Map Update disks will work with your unit unless the Firmware is updated. But where you would get the necessary Firmware Update disc from, other than VW I do not know.

Back