Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which tyres and alloys?

J

janepage

VIP Member
Hi everyone
My Cali is a 2007. I'm going to invest in some new tyres & alloys.
They r 17" on it on the mo with basic alloys.
Does anyone know if I have to have certain wheel size and type of tyre?
I had heard you have to be careful because of the load bearing of the vehicle...

think you also have to have van rated alloys as well

If you look under the bonnet there should be a metal plaque with the axle weights for the front
And rear divide it by 2. And that's the minimum weight alloys you should use. Ie if it says front axle 1500 kg and rear 1650kg You will need alloys with a load rating of 825kg or above it should be stamped on the wheel :thumb

I originally wanted some DBVs' and found this site great (it also lets you view the wheels on the T5 ;) )

http://www.raceandroad.com/18-en-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-alloy-wheels-for-volkswagen-model-transporter-t5-04

Shows all the various sizes of 17" 18" 20" etc wheels that are rated for a VW transporter etc

If that linky doesn't view properly, just click on "home" then select the VW -> Transporter options. For an idea of how it'll appear, click "view on vehicle" (if available, not all wheels have this facility)

In the end tho, I opted to keep things factory and chose the VW 18" sportlines - I know you can go bigger and any load-rated brand. For me anyway, I think things just seem to stay right with all factory accessories & options on a Cali :thumb

I concur the Race the road site gives 1stb class service I bought my alooys from them
If you buy a new set of wheels if you have a 180 they have larger breaks so not all wheels will fit.

Thanks everyone, you have been a great help :goodone

Back