Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Who’s neighbours had 700 house defects

Yeah they built our house in the 80s and they’re a corner cutting company for sure.

A friend at work literally ended up with a refund after the house had hundreds of faults and then needed a whole new roof after years of failing to sort it.

That’s insane.
How can we not be building houses correctly in this day and age...?

I feel sorry for the couple. Must be heart breaking, having such problems with a brand new house.
Probably the biggest purchase of their lives.

Easy it based on cost. Cheapest wins. It also happens with commercial projects.

Easy it based on cost. Cheapest wins. It also happens with commercial projects.

I’m based at a big University with lots of commercial buildings being built (mainly since tuition fee introduction, but that’s another subject) over the last 10 years and the standard of fit and finish is awful.

Our best buildings were built in the early 90s.
Since 2000 standards and workmanship have dropped considerably.
Then again, watch how fast they go up. Blink and your miss it.
But agree Pjm, everything is about lowest cost. You get what you pay for, I guess...

How do you think Persimmon managed to pay the CEO £110 million bonus and 140 other senior staff shared £500 million bonus payout!

I wonder what bonus VW paid the person who decided to make the VW California roof out of aluminium, it might not have had 700 hundred snagging faults, but it certainly has had a few it's fair share.

....and that’s not mentioning the fact that their neighbours have gone and parked a motohome on the drive of their adjacent leasehold property.

....and that’s not mentioning the fact that their neighbours have gone and parked a motohome on the drive of their adjacent leasehold property.
Its an MPV so absolutely fine.

Presumably Persimmon would allow a buildings surveyor in to give it the once over?

Alan

I got a professional 'snagger' in to snag my new build Barratt home.

I was relieved when he put on his report that my new house was 'One of the best condition new-builds he had surveyed'. It still had circa 100 snags, BUT these were all very minor cosmetic things which we have sorted ourselves (rather than having one of their Tradesmen rushing back) as we have decorated each room.

We had similar problem with persimmon homes sadly they media gagged us at final settlement point - just as the news crew were calling them!

It's a horrible, stressful situation the builders are professional at avoiding customer complaints!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back