Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why hasn't this sold ?

S

Scrumpypops

Vehicle
Just browsing
Hi all
Has anyone visited/ bought from this site 'buy a car ' part of the Dennis group ?
Also tell me why this cali (black one) hasn't sold as it's been on this site for a long time,
New to all this there must be an obvious reason.

Thanks
Lee

IMG_0621.PNG

Can’t see the black one on their website? Sold ?

On the face of it, it looks like a good deal. Can’t see any obvious reasons for the price or it not selling.
Annoying that you can’t see where it is.

Thank you
Early days for me, still got me arm bands on

It's not just you, I know someone else that went to look at this van up in Sheffield and even on the forecourt it was listed at £45,833, it was only when they enquired that they were told it was plus VAT

Thanks all. It’s funny when you start following a new interest / purchase. You ask not silly questions but ones that are staring you in the face.
ie +vat
To be fair it doesn’t mention VAT in the buyacar ad. I wonder how far down the purchase process it would be before they mentioned it?

Thanks all. It’s funny when you start following a new interest / purchase. You ask not silly questions but ones that are staring you in the face.
ie +vat

They should state if it’s ex-VAT. A few dealers do this and it’s misleading. Once you’ve researched the market, you’ll know straight away because it won’t look like a good deal, it will simply be far too cheap that something must be wrong.

Doesn’t it get right up your nose when Garages do this.....Why can’t they be genuine and honest. It’s only commercial vehicles that are normally advertised excluding the vat as VAT registered businesses claim it back...If they are going to things like this before you even buy it I wouldn’t like some other problem somewhere down the line...A decent genuine dealer wouldn’t do that..

Because with vat it’s ~£55k which is £1700 more than my sister recently paid for a new one, admittedly with a probably comparable low spec.

Doesn’t it get right up your nose when Garages do this.....Why can’t they be genuine and honest. It’s only commercial vehicles that are normally advertised excluding the vat as VAT registered businesses claim it back...If they are going to things like this before you even buy it I wouldn’t like some other problem somewhere down the line...A decent genuine dealer wouldn’t do that..
Most van centres are commercial so they probably do it out of habit but I would say most buyers of a Cali are individuals so I agree it should be vat inclusive and be obvious. They are just making it harder for themselves to get a sale I would wager and annoying customers.

I got part way through a purchase with Buyacar when I saw the same van advertised somewhere else plus VAT. No mention of VAT on buyacar. Eventually they told me the van had been sold, which seemed like it was rubbish as it was back on their website for the same price a few days later. When it looks too good to be true...

A possible other reason is that black vans are associated with other purposes connected to when you shuffle off this mortal coil if you get my drift.

Yes, black is possibly the worst colour for a campervan, it does not yell fun dies it ? Looks more suited for doing airport transfers !

Back