Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why we sold our Cali

Baronardup

Baronardup

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Well, after a brilliant year with our California Ocean we decided to sell, and let me tell you the advert on this site created a lot of interest! We bought from a dealer last October and it's gone to another dealer for not much less than we bought it for! He knew that but he already had a buyer lined up and was going to make a nice little profit himself. Plus side for us was he was going to sort the MOT and Service himself, so that saved us a few bob. He also didn't mind us having one last week away before he picked her up. So you probably want to know why we sold? Quite a few reasons really, but mainly the fact it's the end of the season and if you're going to sell this time now is probably the top of the market before a glut of newbie campers (bit like us) decide to give up on camping. For us, we also have other commitments such as family in the USA (along with the coming winter), which would result in us having very few nights away camping in the next 6 months. Espirito is also 5 years old now and I'm a bit concerned about future reliability problems to be honest. I've also got to say that we loved the sites we've been on (especially the club sites) and found 'a way of camping' that suited us, mainly avoiding cooking anything, not using the water tank or sink and getting out and about as much as possible. We also met many nice people to chat to on the sites, and could have easily formed future friendships, but they're never easy are they!? Got to say we did find the camping rituals of many fellow campers rather strange; apparently never moving from their caravan/camper apart from the daily wheeling of water drums or emptying excrement containers! We've still got the camping bug though, and big thanks to Keswick for giving us a credit on our October booking that we obviously can't go to now (we would look a bit silly sitting on a hard standing with no van) and fixed us up with a camping pod instead. In fact we'll try to do a few of those next year if anybody has any recommendations? We're also intending to stay as members of the club, so will be keeping up with all news and activities, so no goodbyes just yet.