Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wicksteed Weekend Thread

coordinated

coordinated

VIP Member
Had a fantastic day at the meet.

Great to chat with so many other owners and club members (and have a nose around their vans!).
Shame we couldn't stay longer (just got back to Brighton).

Many thanks again to Kev and Martin for organising the meet :)

Love to everyone!
Steve

Wicksteed Park , an excellent choice of venue for our meet. I had a lovely time - it was lovely to meet people, put names to faces at last , have a good chat and see so many fabulous Cali vans and different ways people use them.
Thank you Kevin and Martin - an excellent job :) :) :) hope that you're still having a fabulous time

Thanks Kev, Martin, :thumb and all the people we talked to, we have never seen so many VW California's in one place. We are now packing the van for Cornwall setting out Tom am.

Stewart and Jayne :thanks

Just got home from spending a couple of nights at the wicksteed meet. Had a great time, good to catch up with members met at previous meets & meet some new ones too. Had a good turn out despite the not so brilliant weather.
A big thanks to Kev & Martin fot their hard work organising the weekend.
Looking forward to the next gathering.

Andy

Wicksteed weekend

Just a quick note about Wicksteed park this weekend.
I bet all the people that came are probably sick of hearing my voice but hear goes anyway.
First of all I would like to thank everybody that braved the icy cold weather this weekend to make
This meet the most enjoyable I have been to. You guys are amazing also your generosity with the auction was unexpected but brilliant. I would also like to thank anybody that contributed expecially stuart from vw leicester and john from dubflecta.I did have a few doubts about the meet but this weekend has Changed this and I will be organising it again next year.
Thanks again kev :thumb

Re: Wicksteed weekend

Hi to all who came to Wicksteed this weekend,

Im so glad that we are members of this forum and was able to make the meet this weekend. Your all fantastic and fun people. Even though it was cold and even though the boy's got the short straw and slept in tent (one night only) the kids had a great time. Burning the bed frame seemed like a great idea at the time, although now we have no bed (we could always sleep in the Cali)!! At least we kept warm! Once again thank's to Kev & Martin for a great weekend and for all your hard work to make it happen. :clap :clap

Gary, Heather,Alison,Jordan

:thanks

Re: Wicksteed weekend

I second all that Kev has said and a big thank you to everyone that came along, we are so glad we did not have to cancel ( which very nearly happened) We were also so lucky not to have any rain and the fire pit was one of the clubs best purchases to-date and I think it will be making an appearance and every meet from now on. The little auction we did last night of VW Merchandise raised £70 for the club and will probably pay for some side panels for the shelter, so a another big thank you to everyone who bid.

Over the three days we had 20+ Cali's on site which is great as were did not expect even half that number !

Finally Thanks to Kev for doing the main bulk of arranging the meet and all the running around you had to do in the lead up to the weekend, hopefully our blood pressure can get down to a normal level again.

Looking forward to the next one now :thumb

Here are a few photo's from the meet, I will upload the remainder in the gallery soon.

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

Thank you so much for such a wonderful weekend and so many nice people. I can't wait for the next meet

Hi all, would like to thank everybody at wicksteed this weekend we were made to feel very welcome as it was our first VW Cali meet, one of many we hope, great place to have a meet the toilet and showers were imaculate all the time we were there.:)). The shelter and fire pit was a great idea and was just the job, love my VW cushion I won In the auction.:)) the rain deflectors we bought from www.dubflecta.co.uk are fab thanks very much sorry forgot your name. A big thank you to kev and Martin for arranging a great meet look forward to meeting you and other members on the next meet.

Must have been threatening to do something, notice I'm keeping an eye on the weapon & ready to move quickly !

Worked a treat :rofl :rofl :rofl

I felt very important being in charge of the firepit poker :rofl :rofl

Hi Kev & Martin, thanks to you both for organising the weekend meet at Wicksteed. We all had a great time with a great bunch of people! The boys didn't want to go home and would like to know when we can go back to Wicksteed, (which was a great venue) and when the next meet is! They will be very excited to know you are thinking of doing it again next year, but we will tell them nearer the time, otherwise we'll be counting alot of sleeps!! Can't believe we missed the auction though ;-) !! Thanks again! Ben, Kelly, Victor & Eli (& Rosie the dog!)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great weekend. And looking at the photos I think calikev should be changing his username to captain hook.

Are these pictures from a previous "Bonfire Night Meet"? Everyone looks well wrapped up.

Looking forward to the sunny May weekend pics!