Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wifi

Garyh09

Garyh09

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, can anybody give advice on how to get wifi set up in the Cali? I'm not sure what radio we have but it is in a T6 with app net and car play although to be honest I'm sorry to say I don't even know how to use any of that either as I'm not tech savvy one little bit as you's can probably tell.
Thanks in advance, Gary

It's quite involved to be honest. I have managed it myself but I'm not in the Cali at the moment and to talk you through it now is probably not practical.

If nobody else has jumped in before, I will give you an answer tomorrow, if that's okay.

In the meantime, can you tell me if you have an iPhone?

Hi, yes I have a iPhone, tomorrow would be great or even whenever you have a bit of spare time, much appreciated thanks.
Gary

Mine won't consistently reconnect to my iPhone 'personal hotspot' and needs to be prompted via the settings menu each time. I *think* it helps with the satnav traffic display, but I'm not convinced. I can see it might be useful if you could be bothered to setup online POIs.

The other function seems to be to set the van itself up as a 'mobile hotspot', but that just seems an unnecessary extra step when you could just tether directly to the source (EE box or phone etc) in the first place.

Last edited:
If your radio unit should turn out to be unable to solve the problem, I can recommend a mobile wifi modem from i.e. 3. We use it together with our iPhones and iPad. And when on camping it is quite easy to connect to the local wifi (if offered), so you have your own hotspot and can save the expensive roaming data meanwhile.