Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wild rather than wild camping!

greenfintry

greenfintry

Cometh the van cometh the hour
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just down in Spain near Portugal Galicia border, using a campsite in national park by lago santabria, woke up in van to noise of something shredding the trash bin 25 m from van at 2am..... A huge grey wolf eating left overs for 20 mins before trotting round rest of campsite, trashing some more bins and all between tenting campers unaware of the visit! The top deck of the Cali is a fantastic hide. Note to self, get night vision goggles and maybe not sleep upstairs in polar bear territories?!

Is this what's meant by wild camping!? :eek:

Now that is different :thumb the joys of Cali ownership :laugh2

What a seriously cool experience!

We stayed at that campsite in March last year before it was fully open for the season The campsite was empty apart from one other caravan We woke to find the site covered in mist and could well imagine wolves slinking about among the trees
No such luck though but I doubt there would have been much food in the bins to attract them at that time of year

Had exactly the same experience but it was ducks not wolves and it was morning not night and they were eating the bread we'd thrown out. A Wild experience!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This tread is useless without pictures....;)
We had visitors overnight going tru the garbage bag in France once...found it few meters away ript open and eaten out!
Best to leave no food or garbage arround the campsite anywhere :thumb

Never have the camera to hand when you need it but here's one I took later from a behind a fence...

DSCN0209.JPG

Back