Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Will someone kindly provide clear closeup photo of Rear View Camera on their T6 Ocean please?

Alan Andrews

Alan Andrews

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello,

I have bought a genuine VW T6 rear view camera that I intend to install in my 2017 Ocean.

I want it to look like original fit.

Will someone kindly provide clear closeup photo of Rear View Camera on their T6 Ocean please?

Yes, I appreciate that I will need to cut the metal between the 2 number plate lights. The bare metal will then be painted properly to reduce risk of corrosion.

I have removed the internal tailgate plastic trim, and now I need to mark the exact position of the new square hole that I need to cut.

I just need to see the VW positioning so that I can do this correctly.

Many thanks

Hello,

I have bought a genuine VW T6 rear view camera that I intend to install in my 2017 Ocean.

I want it to look like original fit.

Yes, I appreciate that I will need to cut the metal between the 2 number plate lights. The bare metal will then be painted properly to reduce risk of corrosion.

I have removed the internal tailgate plastic trim, and now I need to mark the exact position of the new square hole that I need to cut.

I just need to see the VW positioning so that I can do this correctly.

Many thanks
This may help.
https://www.carsystems.eu/new-vw-t6-rear-view-camera-kit-with-guidance-lines-retrofit,id2132.html

Thank you WelshGas. Yes I have the same unit, but was 50E cheaper.

I was looking for a very good closeup, so that I can take measurements. But looks like all I need to do is maintain the same clearance to outside lip as the number plate lights.

Here’s a pic, exposure was a bit tricky!

5C6C6F7D-ED4F-4065-8589-6A9C16B52905.jpeg

Back