Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Win a Vango Sizzle by Subscribing to our video channel

don't you need some 'proper' pans though on one of those ? yes I see that now I've watched it all. I could cook my beans on there

They need to be metal based but most are to be fair, if you're unsure just try a magnet on the bottom of the pan :thumb

Looks a great solution for cooking in a Beach when on hook up!

Good compact size. As above, would be great in the beach when on hookup.

To win this induction hob, subscribe, give us a thumbs up and drop a comment below and a winner will be selected at random by the 14th of March

If you can't wait, these are available in the shop as both a single and a double

Great for when your hooked up
I am always looking for new ideas in how to enhance our days away in Campi. This induction hob's size is what appeals to me. Currently, I have a Bodum electric grill that I set up outside in the Vango Kela IV awning and this little hob looks to best this hob. And gentlemen, size is everything to the woman who is alone with your food in the kitchen. Particularly, given the restricted space that goes hand-in-hand with Cali camping. Another great innovative idea from Vango! And our Kela IV is the best addition to our Campi, aside from the Alessi ice bucket for my vino!

Last edited:
Would also be an extra hob option at home too: indoors, in the garden if the weather’s fine, in a shed/garage/outbuilding that has electric.

Bonus with induction is it doesn’t get hot per se. It’s only the heat from the food cooking that transfers to the hob. A safer option perhaps if you have kids around, as long as the cable’s not a trip hazard.

Did a lot of research for a fb group on the Ikea portable model recently, but this looks niftier and a better “fit for purpose” option :thumb

You can use cast iron pans on induction hobs. You just need to be careful not to scratch the surface. This would be good for me as if away for a while may be cooking over fire or in my Cobb and it’s worth taking some cast iron pans, so if on occasional EHU I wouldn’t need to take extra pans.

Often if your pitch has EHU you’ve already paid a flat rate for it, whether you use a lot or a little. You can also save on the cost of other fuels by using an electric hob.

Back