• Start date
Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
I think there would be room to bolt this to the front crash bar assembly. I'm finding the drill bits don't go into the hardened steel though.

What drill bit is needed to drill into very hard steel ? Diamond bit?

I think there would be room to bolt this to the front crash bar assembly. I'm finding the drill bits don't go into the hardened steel though.

What drill bit is needed to drill into very hard steel ? Diamond bit?
tungsten carbide drills

I'd very much doubt that the front crossbar is designed to take a winch big enough to unstick a 3 tonnes Cali and pull it through or up difficult terrain.

Equivalent to bolting a tow hitch to the rear bumper? Without the subframe attachment to the chassis rails.

I'd very much doubt that the front crossbar is designed to take a winch big enough to unstick a 3 tonnes Cali and pull it through or up difficult terrain.

Equivalent to bolting a tow hitch to the rear bumper? Without the subframe attachment to the chassis rails.
Seikel disagree...

Seikel disagree...

As I thought Seikel supply a new crossmember that replaces the existing crossmember to mount the winch onto. This also entails cooling pipe replacement.

Download the instructions for more info.

Quite a weight penalty for a 4Motion which in the T6.1 appears to be getting critical.

Did look like the winch mounting/crossbar was a heavy duty alloy material which would reduce weight.

Last edited:
Seikel disagree...

I had this installed on my T6 Ocean last October by a local shop and I have not noticed an discernable differnece in the drive quality and the level of comfort it provide after a "issue" where I had wished I had it in August of 2020 is considerable. If you are thinking of doing things with your Cali that "average folks" would not do...I can highly recommend it.

As I thought Seikel supply a new crossmember that replaces the existing crossmember to mount the winch onto. This also entails cooling pipe replacement.

Download the instructions for more info.

Quite a weight penalty for a 4Motion which in the T6.1 appears to be getting critical.
I only suspect this is going to get worse when the T7 finally arrives....

Back