Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors in door channel

California Dreamer

California Dreamer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi is anyone using the genuine vw wind deflectors that fit in the door channel (ie not the stick on ones) - if so how are you finding them? Thanks!
Part no 7E0072193 HU3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked Heiko ones on my old T4 better.. less wind noise, remember them to be bigger as in I could lower the window slightly more, without being noticable to the outside world.

Otherwise they do their job..

I liked Heiko ones on my old T4 better.. less wind noise, remember them to be bigger as in I could lower the window slightly more, without being noticable to the outside world.

Otherwise they do their job..
+ 1 for HEKO's, Have them on our T5.1.

We have the OEM channel ones on our T6.1

They should be less noisy than the stick-ons, but I can't compare them. They do generate some windnoise.

We are glad to have them, especially bad weather it gives good ventilation, when the pop-up is not up.

Last edited:
We have dealer fitted VW ones, don't know the part no, they have tiny non-gripping teeth. I have had to re-position them several times to prevent 'chatter', which distracts me from the awning wind noise.

We put the Hekos on, didnt like the idea of a deflector stuck onto the door. 25 quid. Work great. Someone complained about their glass cracking but I'm convinced they likely put the clips in the wrong way. I have them less for "wind deflection" and more to crack the window open an inch safely to help condensation. Oh. They look cool too.

Last edited:
Hi is anyone using the genuine vw wind deflectors that fit in the door channel (ie not the stick on ones) - if so how are you finding them? Thanks!
Part no 7E0072193 HU3

We have had these deflectors for about 4 years.
Quite happy but they sometimes make vibrations.
The greatest interest is to ventilate when we camp with the roof down. We also often use them also when driving at low speed (max 60 km/h approx.)
I have attached the assembly instructions.

Attachments

• Winddeflectors904_DEBA_7E0072193__HU3_ENG_002.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 79
I have Cimair ones.
In channel with no clips.
Small screw at the bottom which isn't a problem/issue.
Currently £60

I have heko ones with clips which cracked both my windows. My windows are laminated and clips got in between the layers

I have heko ones with clips which cracked both my windows. My windows are laminated and clips got in between the layers

Oh no! Hope you were able to get it sorted out without spending too much. I’m wondering if I really need them anyway - we use an external windscreen cover at night. There is ventilate mode during the day. And how much water would really get in if a window was open a fraction? Like levelling blocks (which I don’t have and not needed so far) I think I will wait and see if there are occasions when I would have really wanted them!

Oh no! Hope you were able to get it sorted out without spending too much. I’m wondering if I really need them anyway - we use an external windscreen cover at night. There is ventilate mode during the day. And how much water would really get in if a window was open a fraction? Like levelling blocks (which I don’t have and not needed so far) I think I will wait and see if there are occasions when I would have really wanted them!

I read the post from @Steeble before I fitted mine and was therefore very careful to ensure the clips were the right way around and that I closed the window very slowly the first time. All good and I have had zero issues. Now, I’m not saying this is what happened, but others online who had the same issue said they put the clips in back to front. It’s very easy to do as it is not obvious which is front and back on them, even on the instructions, so I watched a YouTube video like a hawk. No problems.

I read the post from @Steeble before I fitted mine and was therefore very careful to ensure the clips were the right way around and that I closed the window very slowly the first time. All good and I have had zero issues. Now, I’m not saying this is what happened, but others online who had the same issue said they put the clips in back to front. It’s very easy to do as it is not obvious which is front and back on them, even on the instructions, so I watched a YouTube video like a hawk. No problems.
No, mine were the right way round but laminated glass so thicker than they are intended for use apparently

Any photos @Steeble ??
I’ve had the Heko ones since getting our new t6.1 in November 2020. Absolutely no problems with them.

Were fine on my old van with normal windows.

View attachment 100684
Wow.
Do the windows not stop when faced with a bit of resistance.
Obviously not.

Is anyone willing to take part in a scientific test?
Stick your fingers out of the window whilst winding it up just to see if
it stops.

If it does stop, then on a scale of 1 - 10 how much pain was had.
1 = none
10 = its cut my finger off

Thanks for the message trail I have decided to buy Genuine OEM VW Volkswagen Transporter T5 T6 Wind Deflectors ZGB7H0072195 2003-On from Ceautomotive in Atcham, Shrewsbury, United Kingdom. Stick on so I don't risk splitting any glass. £45 delivered

Back