Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors

P

piglet

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi all ,

I’ve received a pair of wind deflectors for my T6 purchased from Climair.
They look good quality but I’m put off because I’ve just looked at the fitting instructions which involves drilling a small hole.
I don’t like the idea of drilling into my brand new Cali.

Has anyone had the VW ones fitted or any others that doesn’t involve drilling?

Sam

I have Dubflectas and they involve no drilling but you do need to put 4 little clips in each window.

They work well but do faintly whistle at 70mph.

I have the stick on ones on my T5, I like them because they have a larger gap than the clip ons, so more ventilation at night. I would resist taking a drill to my van.
If you search “wind deflectors” there’s plenty of debate on the subject.

I have the stick on ones on my T5, I like them because they have a larger gap than the clip ons, so more ventilation at night. I would resist taking a drill to my van.
If you search “wind deflectors” there’s plenty of debate on the subject.
Thank you

I have the VW stick on ones. They work well but be sure you clean the adhesion surfaces well (you only have one shot at it!). Might be worth getting a dealer to fit them for you if you're not a practical person - its not that much extra in the scheme of things.

I have the VW stick on ones. They work well but be sure you clean the adhesion surfaces well (you only have one shot at it!). Might be worth getting a dealer to fit them for you if you're not a practical person - its not that much extra in the scheme of things.
Thank you. Yeah I’ve just phoned my dealer to ask if they can fit them and how much it would be.

heko. no drilling. and only 2 clips and a small strip of 3m tape. work great. I hear dubflecta are good too but I had a lot of trouble trying to get in touch with them.

Dealer just got back to me. £66.85 including fitting and VAT. Not bad. I’m booked in.
Thanks Guys

I know its personal choice but would not have the VW stick on ones. they look like an add on (personal view) but if one gets damaged how easy are they to get off?
Had three sets of Dubflectas now, mins to fit look good and a good price.

Horses for courses.......live and let live.......:cool:

Exactly, personal choice hence why I said that. but people need to know the alternatives then make a judgment call. Pay your money take your choice.

Plus the more visits to the dealer the greater the chance it comes out with more things wrong with it, or is that paranoia.
I've seen how they treat them and how they park them, sardines anyone.

I think that you need to decide what you want the deflectors for when making a choice. I hardly ever drive with windows open, relying on air con. So my priority is ventilation at night. The stick on ones that I got from VW (fitted by me) are definitely less streamline than the ones that clip into the window aperture but they allow more ventilation with a wider gap but still offering protection from the rain.

I think that you need to decide what you want the deflectors for when making a choice. I hardly ever drive with windows open, relying on air con. So my priority is ventilation at night. The stick on ones that I got from VW (fitted by me) are definitely less streamline than the ones that clip into the window aperture but they allow more ventilation with a wider gap but still offering protection from the rain.
I agree with your reasons. I too do not drive with windows open but have had them open on a night which does work, I just like the streamline look the non VW ones give. its probably look over function but we are all different and non are better than the others. Well except ones you have to attack the van with a drill that is.

And there don't suffer from wind noise like Dubflecta's, had both and prefer the look of the Dub's but the VW ones are definitely quieter and the VW ones never dripped water onto the inner top edge of door when window is opened after rain or washing!!!

Last edited:
Never had an issue with wind noise with the sleek version of the dubflectars. I very rarely wash the van with water. And I don't open the window when or after its been raining :cool:

I have the Climair and was worried about the drilling aspect but found that is only into the plastic part near the mirror. I doubt if the small hole would be noticeable if deflectors removed.
One problem that I later found was that the Remo window vents were virtually impossible to fit as they also fit into the window channel.
Since found that with an external blind fitted at night with the windows open a little inside the deflectors I get adequate ventilation and security without having to transport the Remo vents.

Think I'd go for the stick on type if doing it again.

I have the clip in Vw ones. They are good and do the job. Sometimes the elec widow thinks something is stuck in and shoots back down but they do the job.
Anything that sticks out of the van at ear height will generate noise, no matter which one you opt for.

I have the clip in Vw ones. They are good and do the job. Sometimes the elec widow thinks something is stuck in and shoots back down but they do the job.
Anything that sticks out of the van at ear height will generate noise, no matter which one you opt for.

Hi mate if you sneak them forward a tad the windows don't foul, had that on my first van when fitting nearly threw them away but persevered, I now can fit a set in a couple on mins
Did two vans the other week while waiting for burgers to cook on the Cadac :thumb

Hi mate if you sneak them forward a tad the windows don't foul, had that on my first van when fitting nearly threw them away but persevered, I now can fit a set in a couple on mins
Did two vans the other week while waiting for burgers to cook on the Cadac :thumb
Brill. Cheers for that - on my way to garage now to cure it :pinkbanana

Brill. Cheers for that - on my way to garage now to cure it :pinkbanana
Shame you weren't closer I would do it for you, I seem to be a dab hand at it now. Also get a flat blade screwdriver cover in masking tape if you don't have the correct trim tool push the clips firmly squarely home.

Dealer just got back to me. £66.85 including fitting and VAT. Not bad. I’m booked in.
Thanks Guys

That sounds a lot for a 10 minute job. Does that include supplying them?

heko. no drilling. and only 2 clips and a small strip of 3m tape. work great. I hear dubflecta are good too but I had a lot of trouble trying to get in touch with them.
Heko for me too. Like the sleek look and they go down below the mirrors, keeping the view clear from rain moving across. Had them for a few months and low wind noise too.

Back