Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

wind out awning pole

shaun5

shaun5

Vehicle
T5 Beach
As our pole seems to roll around in the boot whilst driving.We have a 3 seater Beach. Has anyone thought of a good place to safely store it.

The drawer has clips on inside to put it in ....normaly
Don't know in a beach do..?

I believe someone on here puts theirs on the small shelf under the roof blind at the very front

Don't you have those clips in the drawer under the bench seat....?
Is it a SE thing or a UK thing ...

The beaches with a 2 seat bench seat have the same big drawer with the clips for the awning tool, but the ones with a 3 seat bench have 3 smaller drawers (1 under each seat)

Our awning pole has been rattling around in the boot since we got our 2010 SE. Checked our drawer last night and no sign of any clips, just two holes. Guess they were never fitted in the factory.

Does it hold it rattle free, if so I will get some from VW or similar plumbing clips.

Any pics?

Slip the pole into the chair zipper in the tailgate.

Always know exactly where it is and always have access to it without any unpacking!

Our awning pole has been rattling around in the boot since we got our 2010 SE. Checked our drawer last night and no sign of any clips, just two holes. Guess they were never fitted in the factory.

Does it hold it rattle free, if so I will get some from VW or similar plumbing clips.

Any pics?
Mine is an SE so no Beach and the pole sits in the drawer look at the picture
In the front of the drawer it is cornerd...on original fitted clips that came with the Cali
No rattling at all!
image.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm, so you keep your toilet roll there ....

Cut a some of sections of pipe insulation and push it on, should stop it rattling.

Hmmm, so you keep your toilet roll there ....

Cut a some of sections of pipe insulation and push it on, should stop it rattling.
Toilet roll,is a spare one , the other sits next to the toilet.
Drawer is not realy full at the time picture taken , we stuff it with tins of food when packing for trip...
Loads of stuff in there :candles , waterboiler,cook-pots,safety- triangle,crackers,candy/sweets,cans soda,....

Looked in our drawer before we went away last weekend, it was full of empty bags someone not too far away from me had put in there, the type that fold up .... o_O

Thanks James. It is now safely ensconced in the chair zipper in the tailgate. Disaster averted !

I had always previously stored the awning pole in the tailgate beside the chairs.

Recently I realised a far better place is on the floor to the side of the multiflex, on the sliding door side.

This means the pole can be retrieved by opening the tailgate or the sliding door. Which is a good thing when you have bikes on the bike rack!

As our pole seems to roll around in the boot whilst driving.We have a 3 seater Beach. Has anyone thought of a good place to safely store it.
Get some foam pipe insulation and then slide it between the side of the van and the leg of the multi flex board. Stays nice and secure and also out of the way.

I use pipe insulation and then zip it in with the chairs. the insulation isn't really to stop it moving about.its to stop it cracking me on the swede when I unzip the chairs forgetting it's there

Back