Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window Shelf (above cooker/fridge)

T

Tyers74

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi there - has anyone bought a window shelf for over the fridge/cooker at all? Would be really useful as am constantly moving phones and glasses from the fridge top to the cooker top and back again - one that just clips on...dont want to start drilling holes really - it wont be holding any weight - we have a T6 Ocean - cheers x

Yes I bought the one from the club shop - works very well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one and use it for holding containers of tea, coffee, sugar, salt/pepper, etc.

Big Ted prints brackets which fit an IKEA shelf and accessory range. Really cost effective.

If you don’t mind a bit of faffing around buying from Germany, these shelves are well made.

IMG_8943.jpeg

Hi there - has anyone bought a window shelf for over the fridge/cooker at all? Would be really useful as am constantly moving phones and glasses from the fridge top to the cooker top and back again - one that just clips on...dont want to start drilling holes really - it wont be holding any weight - we have a T6 Ocean - cheers x
Or maybe try a DIY solution:

vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/pushing-the-envelope-stretching-calis-room-to-te-limit.14232/#post-151801

Regards from Amsterdam,

Marc.

extra_storage_compartment-jpg.14364

Like this.

Marc.

As it’s only holding mobile phone and glasses how about one of these hooks and then hang a small plastic bucket from it…
Available in the club shop.

IMG_2666.jpeg

The shelf is an appealing idea and was inspired by Marchugo's post.
I used some PVC guttering and brackets, along with a thin strip of metal, cut and bent to shape to fit to van.

IMG_3206.jpeg

IMG_3209.jpeg

IMG_3207.jpeg

IMG_3208.jpeg

I wasn't entirely happy with the look of the brackets on my guttering window shelf and bent some 2mm aluminium strips to fit.
IMG_3211.jpeg

I now have two guttering brackets with attachments for the T6 as per original post that are surplus to my needs if anyone would like them, going free + postage.
IMG_3212.jpeg

Another DIY by yours truely (although you hardly have to do anything yourself, just send an e-mail).

I have the sketchup model online. You can just send an e-mail to an online aluminium shop and they will make it for you and ship it to you. Much cheaper then buying retail. No screws. Total cost 55 pounds.

bak001.jpg

See the tutorial here.

Back