Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen Antenna and reception

S

Sleepwalker

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all, new to the forum.

I have a 2002 Cali with the MFD1 radio and a windscreen Antenna. Given recent law changes I'm thinking of upgrading the MFD device so I can access music without having to touch my phone plus would like to have a radio with radio 4 longwave for test match special (not bothered about dab) So my question is has anyone recently upgraded to a new double din unit and did you get good reception on your new device from the windscreen antenna? Thanks

I posted in t5 audio area last night about carradioplayer that I think will sort your problem but not in the way you were anticipating. Listening to the cricket on dab has to be the way forward and you keep your oem stereo.
You need an aux in socket, but they can be fitted to your unit at modest cost (well I did with my T4s Gamma radio.

Hi all, new to the forum.

I have a 2002 Cali with the MFD1 radio and a windscreen Antenna. Given recent law changes I'm thinking of upgrading the MFD device so I can access music without having to touch my phone plus would like to have a radio with radio 4 longwave for test match special (not bothered about dab) So my question is has anyone recently upgraded to a new double din unit and did you get good reception on your new device from the windscreen antenna? Thanks
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
I don't think you will find many Head Units that have Long Wave nowadays and I very much doubt if your windscreen aerial would be suitable.
DAB or Internet radio are the way to go I'm afraid.
@T4WFA suggestion is something to explore.

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
I don't think you will find many Head Units that have Long Wave nowadays and I very much doubt if your windscreen aerial would be suitable.
DAB or Internet radio are the way to go I'm afraid.
@T4WFA suggestion is something to explore.
Thanks I've found Pioneer units with lw but as u say not sure the antenna will get a great signal on lw. Might go for a parrot kit and use 4g for five live sport xtra. Cheers

Back