Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen crack

tuono001

tuono001

VIP Member
Jumped in the van today and found the windscreen had cracked at some point in the last two days. Now I'm going to call my insurance to see if it's covered as we haven't been hit by any random road debris, also read others have had similar issue.
Did your insurance pay out even though there appears to be no reason for it to split?
20180816_175048.jpg 20180816_163822.jpg
Also is there anything to be aware of if a none VW screen is fitted?

Looking at the stone chip damage on front of roof i would say a stone has hit the screen near the roof/windsreen join.
Make sure it is the genuine screen with the tint and radio aerial in it

Had an issue with the windscreen on my 2017 California Ocean recently too. A 6 inch crack from the near side edge appeared whilst driving along at 30 mph. No vehicles in front but the temperature was over 30deg. C at the time. Autoglass said there were no replacement screens in the country with heated elements and auto rain sensor feature.
Just been replaced after a five week wait with genuine VW glass. They tell me that there are now 400 screens available. Hope it was a one-off as the excess was £75, but I would imagine the full cost of the screen is many times that. Windscreen claims should not affect your ‘No Claims Discount’.

Back