Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

windscreen heater blower.

G

geordy paul

hi, my van is booked into the dealers to have a problem fixed(hopefully)
but was wondering if anybody else has had the same problem and if so what was the cause?
the blower onto the windscreen is not blowing, it makes the noise as if blowing but nothing
is coming out. all the other vents and blowers are working as they should.
the van is a 2011 130bhp.
cheers paul.

had the van back to the dealer. the problem was the heater motor.
replaced under warranty, big job, dashboard out, work great now.

had the van back to the dealer. the problem was the heater motor.
replaced under warranty, big job, dashboard out, work great now.
Anyone have the part number for the front Heater Motor for a VW CALIFORNIA SE 2.0BITDI 180PS 4MOTION, SEPT 2010 with Aircon and Climate Control

Reactions: DMC
Anyone have the part number for the front Heater Motor for a VW CALIFORNIA SE 2.0BITDI 180PS 4MOTION, SEPT 2010 with Aircon and Climate Control
This any use. AirCon under Body Section.

Thanks but couldn't find it on there :(
Oops just found it on that site... 7E6820021 NOTE RHD for model with electronically regulated air conditioner, second evaporator and second heater in rear (California SE).
Over £300 from VW so just ordered one for £89.50 from ebay
I'll update the post once fitted in a couple of weeks :)

Last edited:
BLOWER MOTOR Part No 7E66820021B NOTE RHD for model with electronically regulated air conditioner, second evaporator and second heater in rear
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/292979505413
OEM Nissens 87272
How did you get on with the replacement fan and did it fit? VW are quoting £338 for a replacement.

Looks like I need to replace mine. Seems to work on low or high but occasionally at mid level it switches off / eases back. Resistor changed but what I've read online it recommends consideration of changing the heater blower fan at the same time . I can certainly control the fan and speed and regain control unlike before

Last edited:
How did you get on with the replacement fan and did it fit? VW are quoting £338 for a replacement.

Looks like I need to replace mine. Seems to work on low or high but occasionally at mid level it switches off / eases back. Resistor changed but what I've read online it recommends consideration of changing the heater blower fan at the same time . I can certainly control the fan and speed and regain control unlike before
The Nissens fan was a direct swap and worked fine, just make sure you order the correct version as you're in France. Before buying a new fan just check the wiring on the power connector that goes into the fan isn't really tight, mine was and the fan would sometimes be intermittent on rough roads. I pulled through some slack on the wiring harness and then cable tied the harness so it couldn't pull on the connector and haven't had an issue since.

See my fitting instruction here ...
Post in thread 'Dash Heater Blower Fan Fuse for T5.1' https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/dash-heater-blower-fan-fuse-for-t5-1.33801/post-400621

Last edited:
No, that my fibre supplier. Thinks I'm in the Netherlands. Most certainly in Blighty!

Fan motor just seems to throttle back when set at the half way / just under mark and then kicks back in after a few seconds . On max or 1 to 2 speed setting and its fine.

No, that my fibre supplier. Thinks I'm in the Netherlands. Most certainly in Blighty!

Fan motor just seems to throttle back when set at the half way / just under mark and then kicks back in after a few seconds . On max or 1 to 2 speed setting and its fine.
Could be the motor bearings, there was light rust on mine so worth checking.

Thanks just ordered the Nissens 87272

Second time lucky. First one turned up with a broken fan so I was sent out a replacement. Swapped it over late yesterday. Wow what a difference. Obviously the fan degrades over a period of time which isn't really noticable until you put a new one in.

Rust on the fan shaft. I will strip it down and take a look when I have a moment.

Second time lucky. First one turned up with a broken fan so I was sent out a replacement. Swapped it over late yesterday. Wow what a difference. Obviously the fan degrades over a period of time which isn't really noticable until you put a new one in.

Rust on the fan shaft. I will strip it down and take a look when I have a moment.
Glad it all worked out fine. I found my fan replacement photos so thought I'd post them for reference.
Note: 10 x T20 torx panel screws and 7 x 7/32" fan screws to remove.

Fan1.jpg

Fan2.jpg

Fan3.jpg

Fan4.jpg

Fan5.jpg

Fan6.jpg

Fan7.jpg

Fan8.jpg

Fan9.jpg

Fan9b.jpg

Last edited: