Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen replacement

L

Laurence102

VIP Member
I have just had some little scratches polished out of the windscreen on my 'Cali'. I am very pleased with the results but a little concerned at the response I received when I mentioned getting the screen replaced. I got the impression this is not an easy operation but surely at some point it is going to be necessary for someone. So, just out of interest, and for future reference, has any faced this problem and what are the issues please?

As an aside, the scratches were caused when I removed Pine Tree resin and I have been advised that, because the glass is so soft, hot water and a clean sponge is the answer. I was nearly right but used a soft cloth. The soft cloth was the issue. Fortunately, I had the repairs effected under warranty, for which I am very grateful to Heritage Van Centre, Bristol.

Replacing the screen shouldn't be any more of an issue than any other vehicle, it's a normal bonded screen like all modern vehicle.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you Andy, that was my initial response. Perhaps I ought to chase it up with Heritage but I did get the impression it was not an easy process.

Laurence102 said:
Thank you Andy, that was my initial response. Perhaps I ought to chase it up with Heritage but I did get the impression it was not an easy process.

It's a piece of cake for any windscreen fitter who knows what he's doing.
It's more awkward than a car due to the extra size and weight but otherwise no different.
I've had replacement windscreens on my cali and transporter this year. Because I was there I gave them a hand lifting and positioning the screen but I'm sure they would've managed without me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

had mine replaced by the AA on my drive, no problem fitting at all, even refitting the radio aerial which is in windscreen was a piece of cake