Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen washer system

top3b

top3b

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
Good evening friends,

I have a nuisance with the windscreen washer system of my California T5, while having a full detergent water tank, the pressure with which the water comes out of the nozzles is not enough to reach the windshield in its entirety, but only a few centimeters from the nozzle itself.
Could you suggest me how to solve?
Thanks in advance.
Regards

F.

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Sounds line gunk somewhere or a tired pump, blow out the pies with an airline and the jests with a fine wire, also check the reservoir for gunk and siphon out. If all clear could be the pump

Try a bike pump through the washer jets. Had this on a golf and to be fair still not solved it. And the back jet is fine. A mystery as its the same pump

Good evening friends,

I have a nuisance with the windscreen washer system of my California T5, while having a full detergent water tank, the pressure with which the water comes out of the nozzles is not enough to reach the windshield in its entirety, but only a few centimeters from the nozzle itself.
Could you suggest me how to solve?
Thanks in advance.
Regards

F.

Just had the same issue on the driver's side only, my fix was to spray a small amount of Lyme scale remover on the jets (no idea if it would be an issue if it gets on paint so good wash off given) but fixed the issue I had.

You don't have a leak at the left hinge of the bonnet?

Probably blocked washer jets as mentioned above.
The washer jets unclip from the underside of the bonnet panel
remove them, put a pin in the hole that faces the screen, give it a wiggle, be careful not to damage the shape of the jet.
Thoroughly clean in hot soapy water, blow through the tube connection ( on the previously removed jet) and through the jet holes to check they are totally clear, if they are not clear, soak them in a bit of vinegar & bicarbonate of soda and then repeat the above.
When clear refit to vehicle.

You don't have a leak at the left hinge of the bonnet?
Beat me to it.
A weak spot as the washer pipe crosses to the bonnet. Check for a leak.

Thanks to everyone, I will try and then I let you know.

Mine leaked a week or 2 ago on that spot.
But I could immediately tell because of my "3rd washer" on the left, and no pressure on the 2 normal washers.

Back