Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wing Mirror - can anyone help please

Dayzee

Dayzee

VIP Member
My nearside wing mirror has been clattered and is in pieces - hanging on by the wires. I need to get it to a garage to have a complete new one fitted (doesn't look salvageable). Its a folding mirror. I've got a price (boy its expensive) and have settled on the fact I need to get it done... BUT

as It's only hanging on only by the wires at the moment I need to take it off to be able to drive to the garage...

...does anyone know how to disconnect it...?? Does anyone have a manual that shows me how...??

My nearside wing mirror has been clattered and is in pieces - hanging on by the wires. I need to get it to a garage to have a complete new one fitted (doesn't look salvageable). Its a folding mirror. I've got a price (boy its expensive) and have settled on the fact I need to get it done... BUT

as It's only hanging on only by the wires at the moment I need to take it off to be able to drive to the garage...

...does anyone know how to disconnect it...?? Does anyone have a manual that shows me how...??
As you haven't bothered to fill in your vehicle details in your profile or tell us which vehicle, I'm taking a stab in the dark that it is a T5 California.
you will have to remove the Door trim to undo the plug/socket No 12 on the enclosed Diagram.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...972/subcategory/972030/part_id/3696572/lang/e

Even if I have guessed wrong as to the vehicle the T6 will be the same.

Well as it's already broken beyond repair I would just break it up until you can unplug the wires inside it. Tape the ends of the wires and then tape them to the outside of the door. This will save messing about with the door card.

As you haven't bothered to fill in your vehicle details in your profile or tell us which vehicle, I'm taking a stab in the dark that it is a T5 California.
you will have to remove the Door trim to undo the plug/socket No 12 on the enclosed Diagram.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...972/subcategory/972030/part_id/3696572/lang/e

Even if I have guessed wrong as to the vehicle the T6 will be the same.
Whatever you do, DO NOT just cut the wires as they serve not just the Mirror adjustment but also the FM,DAB and GPS aerials which are normally transferred to the new mirror.

many thanks for your help
Its a grape yellow T6...!
cant see how to update that on the profile page...

many thanks for your help
Its a grape yellow T6...!
cant see how to update that on the profile page...
Click on your name at the top of the Page and select Personal Details. On the R side at the bottom you can select your vehicle type. I will make it easier if you have future questions

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 12.19.39.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 12.20.00.jpg